Zink mouth calls

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunters Forum' started by ncsuduckman, Feb 12, 2009.

1. ncsuduckman

ncsuduckman Senior Refuge Member

Any body tried these yet. I have been useing woodhaven for the last couple of years. I like the signature series. Can't remember the names on them, but one is blue and the other is orange.

2. adamky

adamky Refuge Member

HOOK'S calls are the best. Buy them and you don't have to ever worry again.
    Adam

3. Greenhead Rocker

Greenhead Rocker Elite Refuge Member

Haven't tried the Zink's yet, but plan to in a week or so. I hope to get to go to Nashville to the NWTF convention and Zink's guys will be there. As of right now, I've been using the Woodhaven Sig. series and Cane Creek calls. The blue Woodhaven is the original Billy Yargus model. The new Sig. pack has the Yargus II and it is slightly different with a little different cut in the cutter notch, gray latex and maroon tape. I like it, but not as much as the blue taped Yargus I with the clear latex. If you like the orange Woodhaven sig. call(Sadler McGraw model), give the Cane Creek Lost Poult a try. Unrealy sounds and a little thinner latex to make the call easier to get the high kees with.

4. Cutt'emJack

Cutt'emJack Elite Refuge Member

:clap:tu:clap

I agree!!

5. Curt Wilson

Curt Wilson New Member

I used the Zink calls last season and they are awesome. I have been a long time Woodhaven fan as well, but I switched once I got some calls from Zink last spring. The signature series are by Shane Hendershot and Josh Grossenbacher. Both are great and my favorites in the line.

6. JShelton

JShelton Elite Refuge Member

Stick with Hook's or Perfection. You will never look back.:amen

7. brhudson

brhudson Elite Refuge Member

You really think the maker of a diaphragm call makes that big a difference?

I make most of my own now, but have used Quaker Boy, Primos, Penn Woods, MAD, Adventure, and the the list goes on.

Just try them. It's not like they are duck calls or something.:l

8. Cutt'emJack

I guess I don't understand what you are saying.:scratch Am I missing your point or are you making a joke about callmakers having the same quality? I have tried everything I could get my hands on and they are all different. VERY DIFFERENT!! Some calls are crap, some are satisfactory and some shine. Great calls are very consistent from call to call. Inferior calls are consistent as well, consistently crappy.

9. Cutt'emJack

Sorry to hijack the Zink thread to start with. I'm guessing they are really great calls. I hate to spend $10 on a diaphram though. I would if I had to but luckily I don't have to.

10. brhudson

brhudson Elite Refuge Member

It's more of a joke. I am sure they are excellent calls.

There are some differences for sure. I tried a call one time and the frame was not metal - I broke it the 3rd time I used it.

Materials and tension are the critical elements in a diaphragm. I would say most call makers are doing a good job of this now.

Just so you know - I probably have about 75 cents into a diaphragm call when I make them. You know what - they call turkeys.