Zink Power Maximus/Power Clucker?

Discussion in 'Goose Hunting Forum' started by BTB, Jan 5, 2005.

1. BTB

BTB Senior Refuge Member

I don't do a whole lot of goose hunting, but am itching for a new short reed call. I'm looking at a Power Maximus or Power Clucker in poly (to cut cost). Was wandering what the main difference between the two calls is in the way of capablilities and ease of use.

I blow a walnut Winglock short reed (pretty low pitched) and an acrylic SMH (pretty high pitched) and am looking for something to complement these calls. If Zink Calls has a website, I can't find it and haven't had much luck with general internet searches to try to find info on these two calls.

2. PEI Wing Locker

PEI Wing Locker Senior Refuge Member

Try this for the Zink web site.

www.zinkcalls.com

It should work!

As for the comparison, i tried the PC-1 but it didn't work for me, but i really like the LM-1 and the SR-1!

I hope this helps.

3. commander019

commander019 Elite Refuge Member

www.zinkcalls.com

I highly recomend them:tu I own the SR-1 and The Little Man and they are awsome. Fred is a great guy and so is his whole staff. If you have any questions or problems with his calls they will take care of you.

4. BTB

BTB Senior Refuge Member

Thanks for the link and the info. I don't know why I couldn't find his site before doing a search, seems like it should have come up.

5. DeWayne Knight

DeWayne Knight Elite Refuge Member

The main difference is in the exhaust end of the call. The bell on the Power Clucker is a smaller diameter, giving more built in backpressure to help the call break over into the high tone on your honks. It also makes clucking much easier. In fact, the call was designed so that it could be operated one-handed. On the flip side is the Power Maximus. It's more open bore exhaust end requires more hand manipulation for different sounds, but it also has a wider range. All that being said, the Power Clucker is the easier of the two to get goosey on quick. I would consider the Power Maximus a more advanced caller's call. Let me know if I can be of further assistance. Feel free to email me at dewayne@honkerbonker.com

6. Bartender66

Bartender66 Senior Refuge Member

I'm in the same boat as BTB, looking to buy a goose call(s) and learn to be a proficient caller. Can anyone recommend a good calling instructional CD, DVD, or tape? Thanks!

7. fowlplay

fowlplay Senior Refuge Member

I just bought "Honker Talk" by Shawn Stahl. Awesome learning video :tu

8. Ringbill

Ringbill Elite Refuge Member Flyway Manager

Hey Bartender,

I just tried to send you a lengthy E-mail reply and it kept coming back undeliverable until I lost it.

This $30 Zink power clucker is one of the calls I recommended to you---the other is the Winglock walnut short reed ($35).

I've got the "Honker Talk" by Shawn Stahl, (You can get it from Winglock if you call Rick and order a call from him) and it's a good instructional goose calling tape.

I've just ordered Zink's video---'ancient art of paralyzing' so we'll see how that one is. Can't go wrong with Honker Talk tape.

There's a few other calls in the $40-$60 range too, but either of these should do you good for now. Calls are like guns----Most of them can do the job well if the operator can adjust and operate it properly. So that said, most calls or guns are good, but you need to find the ones that fit you best & you're comfortable with and then you'll be performing better. (Try another E-mail ---then PM)

Ringbill

9. JD Danberg

JD Danberg Senior Refuge Member

I would recomend Dave Smiths Breakthrough 1 and 2.

You should be able to pick those up at Sportsmans warehouse

or off his website. Just let me know if you need any assistance.

Take care, JD.