Zink Power Maximus-Yea or Nea

Discussion in 'Goose Hunting Forum' started by HunterRed33, Jan 3, 2006.

1. HunterRed33

HunterRed33 Senior Refuge Member

What do you think of this call? Tell me all the things that you know about it. Easy to blow, etc?

Thanks,
    HR

2. Quasi

Quasi Senior Refuge Member

just got one myself, and so far so good

3. commander019

commander019 Elite Refuge Member

The PM-1 is a great call. It is a very loud call and it comes with an unshaven reed. Its a very sharp tone call and its very responsive. You can still get good low moans and clucks with it. I love mine, and I probably use the PC-1 the most. If you don't want to spend the money on the accrlyic version, Freddie offers it in a poly version for around $30.

4. HunterRed33

HunterRed33 Senior Refuge Member

I guess I don't have the acrylic version of it. Don't have any acrylic calls so I don't know the difference between it and poly. But yes, I got the $30 call. Actually it was on clearance for $25. :grvn

Thanks for the inputs. Sounds good to me so far.

HR

5. RLW

RLW Senior Refuge Member

The power maximus I believe is the poly version of the PM-1. Anyway, they're on sale in the clearance section of our Walmart right now for $17. Of course our waterfowl seasons are all closed up here in WI.

6. commander019

commander019 Elite Refuge Member

The PM-1 in poly or acrlyic are both are called the Power Maximus. Its the same call offered in to types of materials.:tu

7. BIGHEST

BIGHEST Senior Refuge Member

My black acrylic PM-1 is the call I blow probably 80% of the time. It's loud, fast, and you can get high and low on it. If you want a call that is going to be a little easier to blow, then I would recommend a PC-1, but if you have a solid understanding of a SR call...then the PM-1 is going to be a goose killing machine for you for many years! if you have any questions, please feel free to give me a shout 641-420-6227 Thanks for your interest in ZINK CALLS!