Zink's Finisher or Final Approach Blind?

Discussion in 'Goose Hunting Forum' started by LittandJake, Sep 29, 2004.

Which blind do you prefer?

1. Final Approach Eliminator

37 vote(s)
    32.5%
  2. Final Approach X-lander

20 vote(s)
    17.5%
  3. Zink's Finisher

51 vote(s)
    44.7%
  4. Other

6 vote(s)
    5.3%
  1. SBK

SBK Senior Refuge Member

A big field in VT with a bunch of dogs running aro
    I've had a FA for over 6 years! I train retrievers for a living and that blind has spent hundreds of days out side [we train out of it].

Heck, it was outside 2 winters! It's faded but still in perfect working order.

I've been known to break hammers so if it's lasted that long for me it's well made!!

2. pagoosehunter

pagoosehunter Refuge Member

Highly recommend the Xlandr, have tried alot of blinds, dont think you can beat FA. Xlandr folds up sweet too.

3. DeWayne Knight

DeWayne Knight Elite Refuge Member

hands down the most comfortable blind I've hunted out of, and I've been in FA Eliminator, FA Eliminator Pro Guide, X-Lander, and the Gooseview X-Terminator. Here's a couple photos from this year's early season...notice the "FlagDen" for your flags. Great idea, and you'll never forget it in the truck! THey are also adjustable for height. You can drop them down two inches for a lower profile if you'd like.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. J.D. West

J.D. West Senior Refuge Member

You cant go wrong with any F.A. product.

5. RUSSELL HALLOCK

RUSSELL HALLOCK Elite Refuge Member

In my opinion, my personal preference is the Avery Finisher Layout Blind. The 2004 has the additions of a Flag Den, shell holder, cup holder, and a color option of Field Khaki. The Finisher is a comfortable blind that can be adjusted for the users comfort. The Finisher can be set up or taken down with in seconds. It can be easily packed into a field because it only weighs 18 lbs. Flagging Ports on the Finisher allow for easy use of flags on either the right or left side of the blind. The best advice I can give you is to test drive all of the blinds and see which one fits you best.

Remingtonman,

Good pictures. I like the Field Khaki. Field Khaki allows a person to buy a good blind and save some money at the same time.

6. JEDJR

JEDJR Elite Refuge Member

I like the Finisher also. Full size blind that has folding capability for the mobile goose hunter with all the features Russell mentioned.
    You wont be disappointed!

http://www.averyoutdoors.com/finisher_blind.html

Good luck to you this season!

7. weatherby

weatherby Moderator Moderator

I own the finisher and like it, but if i could do it over i'd get the x-lander

8. Skeptic

Skeptic Elite Refuge Member

I bought a Xterminator and a Finisher this summer. Both have their plus's and minus's. If you combined the two, I think you'd have a perfect blind. For me, the Finisher wins out because it's lower profile.
    Here's a picture of our opener out of the Xterminator. Notice how the fabric rolled up on the corner of the frame and you could see the shine of the tubing. The Finishers material hangs over a couple inches. And the tubing insided the Finisher is black. [​IMG]

Here's another that shows how white the underside of the material is on the Xterminator on the door. The Finisher is the brown/black. When you're running around picking up crips and leave the doors open, what will flare the next flock of geese more?
    [​IMG]

The Xterminator is comfortable, super light and folds easy. I don't like the cable in the Finisher or the fact that they have tubes running on the floor that are sure to get bent after some heavy use jumping in and out under fire.

9. JEDJR

JEDJR Elite Refuge Member

I think the tubing was designed that way on the floor, for the blinds ability to fold over in half.
    If they had put material over these bars, when attempted to fold, I am positive the material would bind somewhere and stop the blind from folding completley over.

10. Skeptic

Skeptic Elite Refuge Member

I agree, but still where they are located the bars are bound to get stepped on and bent. I've read that before and after using it, can see how it would happen. The Xterminator doesnt have any bars in the floor, just a frame around the perimeter.