Zink's Finisher or Final Approach Blind?

Discussion in 'Goose Hunting Forum' started by LittandJake, Sep 29, 2004.

Which blind do you prefer?

1. Final Approach Eliminator

37 vote(s)
    32.5%
  2. Final Approach X-lander

20 vote(s)
    17.5%
  3. Zink's Finisher

51 vote(s)
    44.7%
  4. Other

6 vote(s)
    5.3%
  1. SiouxperDave

SiouxperDave Elite Refuge Member

I doubt it. If they're close enough to see the underside of the door of any blind, they're gonna see you running around in the deeks.

That's exactly the way I feel. Every time I stood up to get out of the Finisher, I stepped on the tubes. Also, when I slouched in the seat, I ended up almost sitting on the tubes and it was very uncomfortable.

2. Goosehunterdog

Goosehunterdog Elite Refuge Member

I have the finisher and like it.I have never tried any of the others.I mainly chose it for the room and easy to set up and transport.

3. mojo man 17

mojo man 17 Refuge Member

If you are worried about the white on the inside of the doors....throw some mud on there and then flake it off when it drys.?? Seems logical to me!?

I agree with the facts about the bars being in the way on some of the other blinds because if there are less bars and parts to break its for the better.

The benefits of the x terminator far out weigh the negatives (if you have any) I am personally looking forward to the end of the season to see all of the opinions on the x terminator (good and bad).

NICK:tu

4. Skeptic

Skeptic Elite Refuge Member

We used em both again today and I will say, I like the Xterminator more all the time. It's so easy to fold and unfold and very light. If I was keeping it, I would cut down and bend the front bar so it would be lower profile and keep the doors from sticking up like a steeple.
    We hunted a cornfield that was cut for sileage, nothing left but 6" stubs and dirt. I didn't even camo up my Finisher, it blended right in with the dirt. I did have a panic attack while unfolding the blind in the morning. Couldn't find the headrest. I can see me losing it and then what would you do? So again, I say neither blind is perfect, but both very nice.
    Results:
    [​IMG]

5. Anatidae

Anatidae Senior Refuge Member

Yeah......we've lost the headrest bar a couple of times......now it's tied to the blind with a cable.

I have a 'Pro Guide'......wife has a 'Finisher'. The Pro Guide doesn't need intructions for set-up/take-down. The Finisher devotes one full page of a 4-page brochure to instructions and diagrams to tell you how to set it up and take it down. The Finisher is......
    Sheesh! Whoever said that a Finisher is quicker and easier to set-up than a Pro Guide, has apparently never set-up a Pro Guide.

The Pro Guide is four pins and two buttons......up and down. You can set it up in the dark.....no headlight needed. No cussin' fit during the pre-dawn fumble-fest.

I think both are good blinds for the money, but they're just different designs and responses to different criteria. Just depends on what your criteria is, as to which blind is better suited for you.

6. DeWayne Knight

DeWayne Knight Elite Refuge Member

I have hunted out of FA Eliminators and ProGuides many, many times. I now hunt out of Finishers. The method I use to assemble and dis-assemble my Finishers takes me no more time than it does to work an Eliminator or ProGuide. Quick and easy.

DeWayne Knight

7. Anatidae

Anatidae Senior Refuge Member

I hear ya DeWayne.....maybe I just need a little more practice, eh?
    That part I have the most trouble with is the side posts.....always feel like I'm standing on my head trying to line those things up (from outside the blind). Maybe I need to try it from the inside.

8. DeWayne Knight

DeWayne Knight Elite Refuge Member

Are you talking the posts at the middle of the blind, (towards feet) by the flagging ports? You don't need to take those apart. Send me an email at dewayne@honkerbonker.com and I'll tell you how I do my blinds.

9. RUSSELL HALLOCK

RUSSELL HALLOCK Elite Refuge Member

To set up or take down a Finisher, it only takes a matter of a few seconds. To set up a Finisher, unpack the blind, push in two push buttons, place the head rest in position and fasten three pieces of velcro, and you are done. Repeat the process for take down. This is easily accomplished in the dark. Just my opinion

10. BIGHEST

BIGHEST Senior Refuge Member

I just had a race on Friday night as a matter of fact against a FA Pro. I won. That was taking it down...but oh well. Putting it up...you just learn little tricks to make a FINISHER the right blind! I have one of the original FINISHERS...still gets hunted out of EVERYDAY! Not one problem with it! NOT ONE! Four years and lots of dead stuff later....You can't argue with success and durability!