Zip Ties

Discussion in 'Boats, Blinds, & Gadgets Forum' started by RebsBud, Aug 21, 2008.

1. RebsBud

RebsBud Elite Refuge Member

I've bought all kinds of zip ties and use them a lot for various reasons. They are pretty dang handy, for sure. But I've notices that some last a long time and some break pretty quickly. So, I was wondering if anybody on here was in a business or profession that relied a lot on zip ties that could tell me if there are better ones than others and which to get for what applications, etc.

2. jamesmc

jamesmc Elite Refuge Member

The best ones on the market IMO are Tyton/Hellerman. They seem to hold up the best. Give them a try and see what you think.

3. Serial Killer

Serial Killer Senior Refuge Member

I love a zip tie!!! I have found that the black ones from Lowe's hold up real well. I think the black ties have some sort of UV protection compared to the translucent ties.

4. The Pintailman

The Pintailman Elite Refuge Member

Same here :tu

5. sbe023

sbe023 Senior Refuge Member

zip ties and duct tape what more could you ask for, and now we have gorilla tape too?

6. MARSH_HUNTR

MARSH_HUNTR Elite Refuge Member

I use the same ones...they work great.......I keep about 20 of them in my blind bag

7. Fakout

Fakout Elite Refuge Member

Some zip ties are designed for outdoor use. Sun light degrades most zip ties like it does fishing line. Look for the ones that are labeled for outside use.:tu

8. Leaky-NY

Leaky-NY Elite Refuge Member

A couple of years ago i got the ones for outdoor/chemical use. Was a 100 in the pak. Since the first ones I had never had to replace one like the translucent ones. Cost a little more but well worth the few extra pennies.

Leaky

9. MuddyPiney

MuddyPiney Elite Refuge Member

http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/items/6JE60

I use ton's of these ties at work and they hold up better than any i've found. They have UV protection too for the outdoors. You can get them in a few different lengths. Pricey but they work!

10. AK DUCKMAN

AK DUCKMAN Senior Refuge Member

I keep about 100. Never know when you need to tie up a buddy or two to keep him (them) from shooting all the birds :dv