Zito to the Yankees....

Discussion in 'California Flyway Forum' started by Flyfisher, Mar 3, 2011.

1. Flyfisher

Flyfisher Elite Refuge Member

I know its not my birthday yet but please please somebody make this happen...the yankees can throw away 65 million for a dude that will win 9 games.. :l:pra:z He probably will not make the starting rotation in SF!:yes

2. DuckFan

DuckFan Elite Refuge Member

SI.com reports that Bochy "vehemently" denied any truth that Zito is not assured a spot in the rotation.

He is owed something like $50M isn't he?

3. Flyfisher

I think 65K or so

4. dl537

dl537 Elite Refuge Member

Sporting Green article this morning quoted Bochy as saying Zito is #4 in the rotation. Gave no truth to the articles yesterday saying Zito's future was uncertain with the Giants.
    If he could only pitch all year like he did the first half of last season he would be fine.

5. Flyfisher

6. thekillerofmallard

thekillerofmallard Elite Refuge Member

Zito is waht Zito is a fair #4 or 5 have to live with the money that was the Giant's fault not Zito's.
    Giant's need runnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn's
    The starter's need more then 1-2 run's a game if they want to repeat. And we all know how hard that is.

7. BMan

BMan Elite Refuge Member

Zito was never better than a number 3 - he had a great season with a decent team that could score runs and got this stupid contract.
    Unless they can replace him for something better he will remain a Giant - Don't let Suppan's spring training convince you he is better... Now if they could dump the contract they could live with as good or worse - but no team will eat that contract so if you are going to pay it you may as well get some innings out of him - if the Giants can score a few runs he will be ok....not great but ok - like a 4 or 5 starter should be.......

8. Gomer

Gomer Elite Refuge Member

Talk about disappointment. I eagerly clicked on this hoping for some breaking news....

Dare to dream that some team would step up and take on that contract.

Gomer

9. duckslyr

duckslyr Elite Refuge Member

The Yankees are extremely desperate for pitching but I don't think they're dumb enough to take Zito and if they were I doubt they'd be picking up all of his contract anyway, the Giants would still be on the hook for part of it. Also as much as he drives me nuts you still have to replace him with a 10 game winner who can chew up 200+ innings a year and stay around a 4.20 era.

10. BMan

BMan Elite Refuge Member

Exactly