Zone A deer hunting, Knoxville WLA

Discussion in 'California Flyway Forum' started by Blondski135, Sep 6, 2017.

1. lamsen95240

lamsen95240 Senior Refuge Member

2. Blondski135

Blondski135 Refuge Member

Isn't road hunting "illegal". Not that I'm a saint with respect to all federal laws.

I hope that all hunters will obey regulations and respect the game. This will further the reputation of us hunters as conservationists, foremost. Harvesting an animal should be done with tact and consideration.

I have been pleasantly surprised by CA for the general respect for hunting and fishing regulations!

Last edited: Sep 6, 2017
    callinfowl likes this.
  3. Refugeguy

Refugeguy Senior Refuge Member

Other states Wyoming, Colorado, Utah are just as bad if not worse . Shirt seasons. They all have road Hunters. Get 1/4 of of the road and your in a diff world. Drive the roads and it don't what state your in

4. Jim Dandy

Jim Dandy Elite Refuge Member

Road hunting is not illegal. Firing from inside a vehicle is illegal. Firing across a roadway is illegal. Driving down a USFS and state forest road (not a state park) or most (not all) unincorporated county roads with an unloaded firearm sticking out the window while looking for game is not illegal. Unsporting, perhaps. Immoral, perhaps. Outright lame and lousy, perhaps. But not illegal.

Dandy

WILDDUX and Blondski135 like this.
  5. letmwurk

letmwurk Elite Refuge Member

The entire coast range from Berryessa to Eureka has been this way for 40 years.

6. freefall

freefall Elite Refuge Member

The most unsportsmanlike conduct can be found in CO during Elk season. The firing lines, road hunting on steroids and shooting into herds without an ounce of concern for what's beyond the target....

I've been hunting WY & CO since I was a little kid. There is plenty of road hunting that happens there. The difference is if you put in your work there you can be extremely successful on PUBLIC land.

mudhen likes this.
  7. thekillerofmallard

thekillerofmallard Elite Refuge Member

A little longer then that. In the 60's when I hunted there it was crowed. We ran dogs killed many bucks out of Knoxville, nothing better than packing out a deer in 100+ weather.:z

Blondski135 likes this.
  8. ducslayer

ducslayer Elite Refuge Member

Hunting blacktails with a good deer dog is a great experience that should not be missed!

9. ricer man

ricer man Senior Refuge Member

a lot of people go to Knoxville to shoot guns and drink. they may not have even been hunters. high school drinking spot for sure.

10. Humboldt Hunter

Humboldt Hunter Senior Refuge Member

There's road hunters everywhere. A plenty of it happens up here in my neck of the woods. To me, people who intentionally march or drive through an area knowing someone is there is a much bigger problem. We should all respect one another. Whatever happened to treat others the way you want to be treated?