Illinois Flyway Forum Sponsors

Zone Changes

Discussion in 'Illinois Flyway Forum' started by DUCK, Feb 24, 2006.

1. SHOOTumINtheLIPS15

SHOOTumINtheLIPS15 Elite Refuge Member

you guys whine more then my lil sister.........you should be happy at least you get to kill geese. where i hunt locally. im at the far south of the central zone. you guys was sittin up there blastin away...while i have all most all locals and very few "new" geese. and every one knows when you seein the same birds you aint killing crap. soo id like to see you be in my postion..........seems like to me all your worryied about is youself.....not other hunters at that. if you ask me they need to move the northern zone boundary down.....because the central zone is WAY to big and they dont need to move it farther south. and i could care less bout this 4th zone b.s or i could be like you and push for it...just soo i could hunt three zones:l

2. Pool_12_RiverRat

Pool_12_RiverRat Elite Refuge Member

Correct me if I'm wrong here. But, I'm pretty sure that Illinois can not have 4 zones, only 3 max with the present regulations.

3. benhunten

benhunten Senior Refuge Member

I agree 100 per cent with what you are saying

4. 1quacker

1quacker Elite Refuge Member

I agree get away from the quota and just let us hunt. Just call the darn things in and come up with some new data and ideas to keep ya busy and bi&*!&n. They do it in other states and they seem to have plenty of geese. My brother in law gets to kill from opening day to the end without worring about going away for a week vacation and returning to a closed season a good month early. Remember years ago when we went from 3 a day to a next season of 1 a day. Then they say oops we screwed up on our count.

5. GreenbeanIL

GreenbeanIL New Member

Yeah nice try buddy looks who's doing all the whining here. Us guys up here are fine with the way things are right now, you guys down there are the ones ****ing and moaning like little girls wanting to change everything. If the north zone moves down it will completely screw us in the north part of the central here because on a normal year we normally don't get our big push of honkers down until right around the new year which only gives us a little more than a week to hunt them before the season closes. So in other words we would be covered up with birds and not be able to hunt them and it would become a huge refuge and nobody would be killing them because they aint leaving. So if this is the case you just want the north moved down so all the birds can sit here and if you guys can't kill em you don't want anybody to. Do you think changing the zones will make birds come down south again barring an actual winter....I don't think so

leave the zones the way they are:D

6. bogz

bogz Refuge Member

hey greenbean wasnt nice when we had -11 deg. and 10" of snow on the ground up here and the geese never leaving.I agree leave the zones the same.:dv

7. cutemclose

cutemclose Elite Refuge Member

Unfortunately I don't think this will happen.Changes are a coming,and I don't think any of us will like it. I'm bettin shorter seasons,and zone changes both North and south.Noone is gonna win this next five years. Remember this is a migration state not a wintering state and the killin of northern migrating birds did manage to attract the attention of the USFWS.May have been an early return for the birds but I'm afraid it is gonna be an early and short season for all next year:cry

8. SHOOTumINtheLIPS15

who ever said i was doin the whinning......if i remeber right it was someone sayin not the change the zones cuz then he couldnt hunt both. if they move the northern zone border farther south. then you would still be shootin geese....when they do get there. im gonna be huntin up that way next year and i would rather be able to kill my birds here then up there. and you think down here doesnt turn into a fuge? crap two days after the season went out...two of my ponds had 100 plus geese sittin on them. also if anything they need to do is make it when the quota counties reach theres. they shouldnt shut the whole damn zone down. hell all the other state around us dont even have a quota....why?? because they base there seasons and limits on the quota...soo why should we be any differnt? some one answer that for me?

9. SHOOTumINtheLIPS15

also....did any one think of maybe having the limit of honkers one goose per man up till the first of the year...?? if you look at it that way....you even said it your self that you dont get the good push till after the first of the year.....so if you only kill one aday instead of two that will cut back big time. i know i wouldnt mind it at all...what yall think?

10. Rute3

Rute3 Senior Refuge Member

Make Braidwood It's Own Zone,similar To What Rend Use To Be.the Central Is To Darn Big,drop The North Approx. 50 Miles Would Be A Start.