Illinois Flyway Forum Sponsors

Zone Changes

Discussion in 'Illinois Flyway Forum' started by DUCK, Feb 24, 2006.

1. GreenbeanIL

GreenbeanIL New Member

I wouldn't mind that at all but I'm sure the guys way up around the border that shoot their birds earlier wouldn't like it.

I'm not trying to go on and on here guys but you guys don't realize that here in the northeastern counties the killin normally starts most of the time the last three weeks in January and if we are in the north zone we won't even get in on any of the good hunting because I think the north shuts down after about a week, week and a half of Jan. It would be rediculous to do this. I'm not trying to be selfish here and I want everyone to kill birds but doing this would not be a good move. Like I said before the birds will be just building into close to peak numbers when the season would go out and it would be a huge refuge where nobody could hunt.

2. morningwood

morningwood Senior Refuge Member

I'm happy that the northern boys are knocking the snot out of the honkers now and think they deserve even more of our SIQZ quota. Look I have been watching this progress for about 10 years steady now and have no problem with another zone being declared the Goose Capital. Ya all have a blast and I hope you work your zones out the best you can. I also hope you guys learn from our mistakes and leave the comerical side out of it, its funner that way.