Illinois Flyway Forum Sponsors

Zones and Dates

Discussion in 'Illinois Flyway Forum' started by 3inch3's, Feb 9, 2006.

I mainly hunt XXX and would support

Poll closed Feb 19, 2006.
  1. Rend and/or Carlyle and leave them in the South zone with a historically opener.

18.9%
  2. Rend and/or Carlyle and leave them in the South zone with a late opener.

23.0%
  3. Rend and/or Carlyle and move them to the central zone with a historical opener.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Rend and/or Carlyle and move Carlyle to the central zone with a historically opener.

1.4%
  5. Rend and/or Carlyle and Carlyle to the central zone with a late opener.

4.1%
  6. I don't hunt Rend/ Carlyle and like the historical opener

14.9%
  7. I don't hunt Rend/ Carlyle and like the late opener

37.8%
  1. 3inch3's

3inch3's Illinois Forum Moderator Moderator

Ok let me try this again. I can't really cover the boi. data as not many here have that data so i will use historical and later. Historical for the south being second week of Nov. (I believe until the last 2 years that was the start for the last 10 years)

2. 3inch3's

MRM need to get your Rend/Carlyle gang on here taking the poll. People hunting elsewhere wanting a late season are the majority so far!!!:l :yes :dv

3. Leland

Leland Elite Refuge Member<br>In Memory<br>12/12/61 - 02/

I don't give a flyin FU#* as long as there is a season.

4. twelvegauge

twelvegauge Senior Refuge Member

Because of the narrow selection in the poll responses, I want to clarify....I do hunt at Rend (occaisionally at Carlyle if ducks and water are abundant) as well as other places both public and private. I DO NOT want to see zone or boundary changes. Overall, ok with this seasons dates. Would accept opener a week earlier( don't see a problem having to choose between ducks and deer). Not in favor of a Nov.1 south zone opener.

5. 3inch3's

Sorry 12ga:yes I had a hard enough time getting these straight but it seems that you would fall into #2. Didn't quantify (how ya like that word) the amount of time you hunt Rend/Carlyle just if ya did. I'm sure a lot of people hunt both public and private. I guess i could be in group 2 as I did hunt Rend once this year!:dv

6. mrmallerd

mrmallerd Elite Refuge Member

Oh shortone, with over 20,000 hunter days between Rend & Carlyle, I don't think this site can handle it. :l :l :l

7. 1GRN_HD

1GRN_HD Elite Refuge Member

After looking at that poll, all I can say is......wow.:eek:

8. morningwood

morningwood Senior Refuge Member

Colin Cain and the pay per day shooting galleries say "Show Me The Money".
    Shove Rend & Calyle all the way north. Change the dates and they will come. And by the way we want all the goose quota back so you guys have nothing to do either. MoneyMoneyMoneyMoney.:nutz BLOGO in 06 I hope:eek:
    NOT!!!!!!:dv

9. buckduck

buckduck Elite Refuge Member

Whats wrong with this choice?Make I -64 the boundary line.Caryle in the central zone traditional opener.Rend in the southern zone late opener.Looks to like this would give most that hunt there the best of both worlds.

10. Hairshark

Hairshark Elite Refuge Member

I'm just praying that this poll shuts up all the debate on zones and season dates!:yes If I read another post from some sniveling moron bit**ing about zones and dates, I'm gonna blow my brains out!:z We have to read this crap year, after year, after year, after year.:rolleyes: The bottom line is, not everyone is gonna be happy regardless of what they do w/ dates and zones, so grab your Stones (if you have any) and deal with what they give you. Just be thankful for 60 days if we get it again.