Illinois Flyway Forum Sponsors

Zones and Dates

Discussion in 'Illinois Flyway Forum' started by 3inch3's, Feb 9, 2006.

I mainly hunt XXX and would support

Poll closed Feb 19, 2006.
  1. Rend and/or Carlyle and leave them in the South zone with a historically opener.

18.9%
  2. Rend and/or Carlyle and leave them in the South zone with a late opener.

23.0%
  3. Rend and/or Carlyle and move them to the central zone with a historical opener.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Rend and/or Carlyle and move Carlyle to the central zone with a historically opener.

1.4%
  5. Rend and/or Carlyle and Carlyle to the central zone with a late opener.

4.1%
  6. I don't hunt Rend/ Carlyle and like the historical opener

14.9%
  7. I don't hunt Rend/ Carlyle and like the late opener

37.8%
  1. mrmallerd

mrmallerd Elite Refuge Member

Oh Short one, I have just discovered a flaw in yer scientific poll. Would it not be wise for anybody residing ouside the South Zone, to vote for a later season for the South Zone. That way they could extend their season. :confused:

2. 3inch3's

3inch3's Illinois Forum Moderator Moderator

Good point but I can't stop others from voting. Ya might want to start a phone campaing to get all them Rend/Carlyle boys to get to voting!!:l Probl is that the R/C boys are voting for the late opener too although by a nrrow marging!!:l :l ;)

3. RW

RW Elite Refuge Member

I hunt approx 30-40 miles south of Carlyle and I'm in the central zone as laid out by our wonderful all knowing IDNR...Does that make sense?

My zone was shut down just as the hunting started getting good. My area should be in the south zone(it is geographicly), Carlyle belongs in the central( it is geograhicly). Any one can look at the map and figure that out!:mad:

4. twelvegauge

twelvegauge Senior Refuge Member

What a hornets nest!!!!!!!!! Granite City mudhole in the south zone.
    :dv :dv :dv

5. nuthin_but_green

nuthin_but_green Elite Refuge Member

If you're talking about Horseshoe Lake in Madison County being in the South Zone, that will never happen. Although a mixed bag can be taken, I believe it is more of a diver lake than anything else. I believe most that hunt that lake would opt for atleast a mid-October start.

6. morningwood

morningwood Senior Refuge Member

Black duck 2566 posts, wow how do you have time to hunt. Maybe us rednecks are a little behind on the whole com-put-er thing. Dont slap a guy because hes not online all the time beatting his pud to www fat sweatty chicks.com. Heck God forbid some one has a different opinion than you. :sp

7. RW

RW Elite Refuge Member

You all assumed I was talking about horseshoe lake in Granite city.

Never hunted there.

8. foo

foo Banned Forever

at one time I had a graph of the counts for carlyle all thru the 80's and 90's up to 2000.........the historical peak as far as the counts were concerned was around thanksgiving. I may have to agree with you regarding the last 5 years, but haven't took the time to study the counts.

9. foo

foo Banned Forever

RW, when I speak of "weenies in the central zone that wanna shoot spoonies in october"........your buds in that area are the ones I'm thinking of (along with the dudes from godar on down to stump) :yes.........no it makes zero sense, but that's what they want, who the hell knows why.