Zumbo is an Idiot

Discussion in 'California Flyway Forum' started by Brian N., Feb 19, 2007.

1. dl537

dl537 Elite Refuge Member

I myself cannot stick up for a guy that wants to ban any type of gun. Take away one thing and what will be next? Maybe no automatics for waterfowl:confused:

2. sisqsprig

sisqsprig Senior Refuge Member

they've removed his whole column from the Outdoor Life web site.

Anyone save a copy of it?

3. Brian N.

Brian N. Elite Refuge Member

Wow, that didn't take them long to shut off his blog! I'm in agreement with alot of posters that responded to his blog. I may agree with him that hunting with a AR or AK is not my cup of tea but saying any one that shoots one is a terroist is way out of line. Like others have said, United we stand, divided we fall.

Brian

4. mdnduck

mdnduck Senior Refuge Member

I met him at sport show what a pompous ***.

Same here

5. callinfowl

callinfowl Kalifornia Forum Moderator Flyway Manager

Jim and myself are really good friends.
    As a young man Jim once had a little pet ground hog.
    On one sunny Saturday morning way back in 1940 sumtin one of these terrorist/hunters sport'in a AK did the little guy in.

One shot rang out and one little fuzzy guy exploded into a spray of red mist and fly'in fur in the blink of an eye.
    " RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE WHOLE FAMILY"
    ( I think they where Russians):dv

I can totally understand how this might of infected his views on these really bad men sport'in AR's and AK's.

Their all terrorist and Mr. Jumbo is a saint, just ask him !:dv

Here is the responce I got back from the Gerber co.

Following Jim Zumbo’s recent comments, those of us at Gerber would like to clarify that we respect the opinion of our sponsored hunters and users however, we do not necessarily agree with all their opinions, nor do we endorse their public statements. Our presence and development in the tactical and hunting markets is proof-positive we are committed to supporting these industries and all those involved.

Since Jim’s blog was published he has issued this apology: http://outdoorlife.blogs.com/zumbo/2007/02/i_was_wrong_big.html.
    (Can any of you open his blog any more, I can't )

Thanks for supporting our rights and for supporting Gerber Legendary Blades.

Jason Kintzler

Senior Communications Manager

Mr. Dumbo's blog has been shut down and the Remington Arm's co. has fired Mr. Jumbo.:clap :clap

Ok I will no longer bash Remington Arms they handled this quickly.:tu

This was one of 11 emails I sent out to Jim's sponcers.
    I will post up all the others as they come in.

Both the AR's & AK's are a fine hunting rifle , just because they look scarry does not mean squat !:no

6. callinfowl

callinfowl Kalifornia Forum Moderator Flyway Manager

This just came from Cabela's by email.

Here's my response from Cabela's.
    Dear Mr. King,

Thank you for your comments. While Cabela’s believes everyone has the right to express their own opinions, we strongly disagree with Jim Zumbo’s February 16 posting on his Hunting with Jim Zumbo blog on Outdoor Life’s Web site.

Throughout our 46-year history, Cabela’s has firmly supported all aspects of shooting sports. We strongly support the Second Amendment of the Constitution of the United States and the right of every U.S. citizen to purchase, own and enjoy any legal firearm of their choosing.

While we fully support Mr. Zumbo’s First Amendment right of free speech, we believe his opinions on this matter are counter to those shared by Cabela’s and many of our customers. Cabela’s Legal Department is currently reviewing contractual obligations and commitments regarding our sponsorship of the Jim Zumbo Outdoors television show.

Have a great day.
    Sincerely,
    Brent
    <*))))))><l

Can you say chain letter ! :l
    Cabela's has my bidness for good :tu :tu

7. Captain Jack

Captain Jack Elite Refuge Member

Here is the response I received from Cabela's. I wrote or sent emails to each of his affiliates. Asking them to consider his response to the subject. Yes, Mr Zumbo is entitiled to his opinion, just like us. I just didn't care for his approach on the subject. I don't believe it was well thought through.