Duck Hunters' Forum Sponsors

‘Fuge shindigs

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by stevena198301, Jun 6, 2020.

1. Jungleduck

Jungleduck New Member

2. TheDuckSlayer

TheDuckSlayer Elite Refuge Member

Was that the Refuge Gang Hunt where Benny shot 2 mottled ducks (limit was 1) because he thought they were hen mallards and the 2nd one ended up being banded? And Larry Reynolds (@Steel3's ) freaked out and said the band data couldn’t be reported or used since the duck was killed illegally? :l

I remember Benny saying the hunt was somewhere in TX

3. waterrat

waterrat Elite Refuge Member

if you dont mind me asking, what was your handle? I'm sure we've crossed paths.

4. Jungleduck

Jungleduck New Member

5. Jungleduck

Jungleduck New Member

That hunt was 20 years ago. I don’t remember the mottled duck story. Those ducks were probably killed during the hunt on the second day. We were set up in a rice field with a bunch of snows and there were birds flying all over the place. The first morning hunt was a bust. Every flock that came in flares off 100yds out. I got up and walked away from the spread to check it out. There were about 6 full body snows that were actually a pinkish peach color in the downwind side of the spread . Looked pretty pitiful in that bright morning sun

stevena198301 likes this.
  6. Jungleduck

Jungleduck New Member

7. Jungleduck

Jungleduck New Member

8. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

Fellas, everyone is welcome, but y’all keep in mind, it’s a 5-ish acre field. Y’all will have to figure out amongst yourselves who’s shooting, if a whole bunch of you show up. Got plenty of room for overflow parking up top. :yes I’m coming for the food.

9. fishnfool

fishnfool Elite Refuge Member

Hey honey, you mind watching the kids and dog for a few days in September? I need to book a flight and get out of town for a few days.

Ummm... maybe, where are you off to?

Well, I uh, I....I want to fly to the middle of nowhere in TN to drink Busch Light, shoot doves, and bitch about libs/cops/black people/young people with my internet friends. We're going to finally determine who the hottest inmate is too! Oh, and I gotta check out this one dude's tramp stamp that I helped pay for......

Uh huh....

giphy.gif

10. J.Bennett

J.Bennett Elite Refuge Member

So I'll see you there then.