“Almost Dry”

Scott yellowdog

Refuge Member
Reaction score
Reality check people, where are we going to put the 6000 displaced NR that have already planned a trip to Kansas?

I know, I know it can take just 1 monsoon to fill up 8 enormous pools but it ain’t happening this year.

i have seen an entire Cosco built in 3 months but apparently it takes a state contract 8 months to repair the most important gate. Wonder if uncle Stuart has a place for all these NR, I mean neosho can only handle another 150 people

gonna be a long elbow to elbow season this year.

yours truly

negative Nancy
Help me out do I not know anything yes I'm going to Kansas and my favorite hole is mud got any water news

ksgoosekillr

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
a year or two straight of dry conditions to work in that lets them set the stage for the next ten years may be beneficial beyond belief. A normal year they may only get four or so months to do all the work before flooding for the next season begins. with the normal burning, disking, and planting they do that doesn’t leave a lot of time to keep the ditches cleared or dug out. Refineries do everyday maintenance to keep the plant running but still shutdown for periods to conduct a turnaround. Think long term gain

I feel like I have heard this story before? Your first name wouldn't be Carl would it? ;):l

I would love to stay positive on this one, but history on this wetlands isnt trending in a positive direction on many levels. I fear that by the time we see the benefits from this work we will all be standing in line for a pill.

golden boy

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Mother Nature giving the bottoms every gift they can give and the construction crew says “ hold my beer”

Attachments

• A343DB87-B5CE-447A-A604-C1927A9B49C5.png
    A343DB87-B5CE-447A-A604-C1927A9B49C5.png
    661.7 KB · Views: 31

Tuleman

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Help me out do I not know anything yes I'm going to Kansas and my favorite hole is mud got any water news
It's still mud. At this point, it will take a monumental event to put enough water in your favorite mud hole to make the trip viable.
Hey, it could happen....put I'd be putting a Plan B together if I were you.

Ramblingman

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
It's still mud. At this point, it will take a monumental event to put enough water in your favorite mud hole to make the trip viable.
Hey, it could happen....put I'd be putting a Plan B together if I were you.
Missouri

golden boy

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Arkansas!!!

golden boy

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Expect the SE zone to start on staff recommendations for at least 4 more years.