California Flyway Forum Sponsors

1/24/11 Afternoon Hunt

Discussion in 'California Flyway Forum' started by ericarrieta1985, Jan 25, 2011.

1. ericarrieta1985

ericarrieta1985 Senior Refuge Member

A tad slower than the past few days, but a great time in the field. As time runs out on another season, each moment out seems to be that much more meaningful. This speck hunting this is getting addicting.
    [​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

2. Dan Jernigan II

Dan Jernigan II Senior Refuge Member

Nice, buddy. Hope they keep working until the end.

3. DERODOM

DERODOM Elite Refuge Member

Where's your trademark coot?

4. Hybrid

Hybrid Elite Refuge Member

Nice:tu

I know what you mean about the last few hunt days. Funny is that the middel of December I was ready to hang it up for the year. Then the birds showed up and I don't want it to end.

Enjoy the time out my freind. Each year gets shorter and shorter as they pile up.

5. mudhen

mudhen Elite Refuge Member

And yet some of go in the exact oppostite direction :)

Don't get me wrong, I love waterfowl hunting, but turkeys, archery, and big game are my real vices these days :dv

I'm hunting tomorrow, Fri, Sat, and Sun, but all I can think about it gobbling toms and building my new Hoyt bow :tu

Sitting in a duck blind, 5-7 days a week, from sunrise to sundown, just isn't that interesting to be anymore :(

And with this economy, work is keeping me on my toes for sure :sp

I must be getting old & soft :l

Nice hunt Eric. Interesting area you are in. Are you going to try to officially join that blind next year?

mudhen

6. Squaller

Squaller Elite Refuge Member

Nice shoot.:tu

Looks like a great area to hunt. Are you hunting by yourself? Get any woodies at that club???

7. David O

David O Elite Refuge Member

Dang that 870 does the job! :tu

Welcome to the neighborhood Eric... really!

David

8. Hybrid

HTML:
    And yet some of go in the exact oppostite direction 
    So when you are shooting ducks you are thinking of Turkeys:scratch. I'm not sure why I was quoted when talking about not wanting the season to end???

I never said I had nothing else to do. Not sure why you always need to quote me whenever I post???

And people ask me why I don't post much:rolleyes:.

9. mudhen

mudhen Elite Refuge Member

Lighten up Francis, is was just a general comment on a website full of general comments :l

You said you didn't want the season to end, and I said I was ready for the season to end so I could move on to other seasonal interests. It's just that simple, and there have been several posts along the same lines, with varying opinions.

I quote lots of people, that's how to keep things in context. Believe me, your infrequent posts draw no special interest from me.

Unlike many, I'm here all year. I enjoy the exchange of info 12 months a year, not just during duck season. Lots of these guys are my friends, and I practice hunting all year, not just during duck season. Lurkers will probably not know this.

If you don't get the general idea of why some of us are here, then it's probably better that you don't post up much :tu

mudhen

10. Hybrid

If you need this site to make you a better hunter, good luck.

Keyboard cowboy;)