10 Classic Shotguns Every Wingshooter Should Own

Kevin Burroughs

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I have too many guns, there I said it. Lots of SXS and stacks, several auto's and pumps and I don't shoot any of them nearly enough. I hate to play favorites but when it comes to bird hunting I have about 5 I use pretty often. The rest just sit around and hold great memories and stories for me. Lets not even talk about rifles and handguns.

Spec

Gold Refuge Member
Reaction score
I still have 2- 870, a model12 2 -1100 rem. several Berettas talked about but my favorite is my Mossburg bolt action 20 ga my first shot gun I started shooting 70 years ago I shoot a few birds with it each dove season!

Reactions: API

yellowlabhunter

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Every time one of these threads comes up, I am really surprised at how few people appreciate a good doublegun --whether it be good a side by side or an over n' under. IMHO, nothing handles better, and nothing feels as natural, as a well made and balanced double barreled shotgun. I've shot chukar, pheasants, geese and plenty limits of ducks with a side by side and have never thought of it as a handicap. I find that most of the time the third shot is a wasted shot and when I duck hunt and use my Benelli M2, I often only load two shells into the gun. I love shooting my Rizzini O/Us at dog trials and pheasants, and take my side by sides into the refugees with me --though I will admit, while I know that an O/U is cumbersome in the duck blind, and I don't enjoy shooting most pumps and autoloaders as much as my double guns (even though my first shotgun was an 870 Wingmaster).

Attachments

• 20210225_103251.jpg
    20210225_103251.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 24

blackdog58

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Every time one of these threads comes up, I am really surprised at how few people appreciate a good doublegun --whether it be good a side by side or an over n' under. IMHO, nothing handles better, and nothing feels as natural, as a well made and balanced double barreled shotgun. I've shot chukar, pheasants, geese and plenty limits of ducks with a side by side and have never thought of it as a handicap. I find that most of the time the third shot is a wasted shot and when I duck hunt and use my Benelli M2, I often only load two shells into the gun. I love shooting my Rizzini O/Us at dog trials and pheasants, and take my side by sides into the refugees with me --though I will admit, while I know that an O/U is cumbersome in the duck blind, and I don't enjoy shooting most pumps and autoloaders as much as my double guns (even though my first shotgun was an 870 Wingmaster).

I understand. Older I get, more I use a double. Lotta conversation can be made off the Remington 3200, and what it led too. Winchester 101. My uncle had a LC Smith sxs that I always had my eye on.....but its gone now. Gotta say though, Kevins 303 is awesome.

California Flyway

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Tom Roster swears by by Rem 3200's

Arrieta

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
The Remington 3200 has always seemed to me to be an undervalued gun... Someday, I'd like to shoot a Remington 32...

broducks1

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
I think the Remington 870 Wingmaster was a shotgun lots of us old timers (60y/o plus) owned at some point in our life. I will say it was my first shotgun ever. I bought it at Gemco and remember being able to walk out the door with it after purchasing it. None of this wait period BS.

LetEmWork
worked at Gemco for 16 years in Sports might have sold it to you. LOL