10 gauge Reloading manual

Discussion in 'Shooting - Reloading Forum' started by Mrs.10GAGENUT, Dec 23, 2017.

1. baltz526

baltz526 Elite Refuge Member

Zip metals has this on their site --Made with ~94% Bismuth ~ 6% Tin for better strength Size tolerance +/- .005" -- Weight should be pretty consistent if true .17 +- .005

2. Mrs.10GAGENUT

Mrs.10GAGENUT Elite Refuge Member Sponsor

I don't think size uniformity is an issue although a lot of it is egg shaped, it's the alloying method used. Apparently if it's not done correctly there's a lot of weight variation from pellet to pellet.

3. Mrs.10GAGENUT

Turkey load notes
    I included a few Turkey loads in the manual but I've gotten some inquires on heavier 2 1/8 and 2 1/4 oz loads. I have some recipes for those also, if you need them PM me and I'll do my best to help you out.

4. SXS10

SXS10 New Member

Am new to site and want to order reload manual. Need forum navigation assistance to get contact info.
    Thanks
    SXS10

5. JohnCharlieNoak

JohnCharlieNoak New Member

I have some Bismuth loads that I have used for twenty years. They are stone killers. Will forward them when I get my load book out.

6. Mrs.10GAGENUT

For those of you who load your own, now is a good time of the year to order components for next season. Both BPI and Precision Reloading have been running discounts on both Shipping and Haz Mat.

7. JohnCharlieNoak

JohnCharlieNoak New Member

Thanks for the heads up. Sent an order into BPI today.

8. Mrs.10GAGENUT

More Remington hull notes
    Had a question on the Remington Hypersonic hulls worth noting. The Hypersonic hulls look different but after measuring and checking basewad height they measured out about the same as the Low Basewad Olive Drab Nitro Steel hulls, so if you are loading the Hypersonic hulls use the Remington Hull Low Basewad recipes.
    Here's the measurements
    Remington Hypersonic hull--- Depth 3.160" OAL 3.450
    Remington Nitro Steel hull----Depth 3.155 OAL 3.455
    remhypns.JPG

9. Mrs.10GAGENUT

10 gauge Gas Seal notes
    I had a few people ask if they can use the Ballistic Products X10X Gas Seal in the recipes that call for one. I used the Alcan PGS seals and the Gualandi 10 gauge Gas Seals that Precision Reloading sells in recipes. Did a bit of checking and BPI's smoke and mirror advertising strikes again, the X10X is the Gualandi Gas Seal, Precision Reloading just calls it what it is a 10 gauge Gas Seal.
    So yes go ahead and use the X10X or just order some from Precision and ask for 10 gauge gas seals !!!

10. Mrs.10GAGENUT

Winchester hull notes
    Had a few questions on old vs. new style Winchester hulls.
    From what I've experienced with both types they have right around the same case capacity and seem to load up the same. The old style paper base hulls have near the same capacity also, you can load them up with the Winchester hull recipes in the manual if you have any of these hulls.
    Pictured from left to right are newer style plastic base Drylock, Super X and Supreme , Old style smooth sided plastic base Drylock and Old style smooth sided Paperbase hull. If you have hulls with grooves in the brass area always check to see if it's paper or plastic base as Winchester made both types.
    win10hulls.JPG

Last edited: Jun 15, 2018