15 degrees

Discussion in 'Upland Game Forum' started by Soggy Socks, Jan 8, 2022.

1. Soggy Socks

Soggy Socks Senior Refuge Member

Took the dogs out today for a preserve hunt I do quite a bit of it after deer season when there is no other game in town! Anyway my son took my granddog Riley and i took my dog Cooper.
    cold day started at 5 degrees went up to 15 by the time we started but the sun was up. used my Benelli Ultralight 28 with Fiochhi golden Pheasant 6's. Always been impressed with those here or South Dakota. Dogs did great Cooper was rock solid, he does break to shot which I really don't mind. He rarely loses a bird and today was not exception couple of rodeos with the dogs chasing and retrieving, the kids like to watch on roosters. Anyway it was good to get out we all had fun on a cold winters day . Not South or North Dakota which I have done several times Riley and joey 1-22.jpg Cooper Jan 22.jpg Cooper Jan 22.jpg but a great winters day here.

2. Ravenanme

Ravenanme Elite Refuge Member

Very Nice , I also used those same loads of Fiocchi's hunting in S. Dakota but I have been reloading a load that's really close to their performance !
    There's just something about shooting a 28 ga for upland birds , with the right loads , that adds to the Sport !

3. Soggy Socks

Soggy Socks Senior Refuge Member

Thank you just fried some of the breasts up for lunch. I use a 28 for most of my upland stuff and I have used it with Bismuth 6's for ducks and it did quite well. I primarily use a 16 out west with the same GF load in 5's

Fried pheasant.jpg