2.7 EB or 5.0?

Discussion in '4x4 / Truck Forum' started by buck_master_2001, Sep 3, 2017.

1. AvianQuest

AvianQuest Elite Refuge Member

As it is, Ford's $453,750 GT has the same 3.5-liter V-6 EcoBoost engine that I have in my F-150, albeit they get more horse power and torque out it. That car runs in the 24 hours of LaMan's race and other similar races against Ferrari, Porsche, Corvette, Maserati, Audi, Jaguar, etc.

But to be allowed in the race, Ford was required to reduce the turbocharger pressure across all RPM levels and they had to add extra weight so that the other cars could remain competitive.

[​IMG]

2. tcc

tcc Elite Refuge Member

Neither was I, just going by his post; I assume he means F250's:

3. HaydenHunter

HaydenHunter Elite Refuge Member

I had five Silverado company trucks in a row and I liked them but the 5.3L V8 is absolutely gutless compared to my new HEMI Ram.

4. buck_master_2001

buck_master_2001 Elite Refuge Member

The rest of the truck is great. However, the sluggish trans and gutless engine just couldn't win me over.

5. JohnBZ

JohnBZ Elite Refuge Member

It's not. I have a transit 250 with a 3.5 and a f250 with a 6.2

6. tcc

tcc Elite Refuge Member

Gotcha; thought that was odd.

7. AvianQuest

AvianQuest Elite Refuge Member

"Speaking of that 6.2 liter V8, with its not unimpressive 411 horsepower and 434 ft-lb’s of torque. Ford has stated that (for the Raptor and likely the F-150), their 2nd gen EcoBoost will produce more power than the 6.2 liter V8, which was the only engine available in the previous generation of Raptor… and also the current Super Duty (for gasoline models). It stands to reason that if the Gen II EcoBoost 3.5 produces more power that it is a likely candidate for the Super Duty as well.

The EcoBoost engine is in my opinion a great candidate for a new generation of Ford F-series Super Duty trucks, the twin-turbo engine produces a lot of its torque right from a low RPM all the way up to the higher end of the RPM range, which is exactly what a truck needs to get a load moving (low RPM) and to keep it moving along comfortably (higher RPM)."

http://www.fordf150blog.com/will-a-new-super-duty-have-ecoboost/

8. Constructeur

Constructeur Senior Refuge Member

Yikes, that fella must not haul much. I could only see that motor working, at best, for a medium duty 250.
    For the record we just bought a '17 450 chassis cab with power stroke, and it's at the shop now getting the bed built for it.'Super duty' IMO denotes something that is to be used as a work horse.

9. JohnBZ

JohnBZ Elite Refuge Member

Be better if the rumored 5.0 ecoboost became a reality. Probably won't happen.

10. tcc

tcc Elite Refuge Member

Small displacements and heavy working loads aren't a good mix despite them making lots of power. A bigger, heavier duty block is just better suited for that envirinment.
    Power output is only one piece of the puzzle