2018 Migration Reports

Discussion in 'Missouri Flyway Forum' started by Mack Molloy, Aug 19, 2018.

1. captaininsano050

captaininsano050 Senior Refuge Member

2. WuChang

WuChang Elite Refuge Member

:l:l:l:l:l:l:l:l

3. sgt duck

sgt duck Senior Refuge Member

All I can say is every day is different, just the way it is. My best advise is to go any time you can regardless of the weather, duck numbers or any thing else. One thing I have learned all the years I have hunted ducks the most important thing is have your butt in the blind because any thing can happen. Tim (sgt duck)

WHUP ! Hen, dux/24 7 and Cliner like this.
  4. wakenda

wakenda Senior Refuge Member

I have Canadian geese using the farm. I have lived here since the summer of 2000 and this is the first time I have had enough Canada geese here to hunt. I tried this afternoon with 11 shells set out in the corn stubble. I had one group coming low they started climbing 75 yards out and went straight over me. All I know how to do is a herronk on my call. Any suggestions for tomorrow? I have never killed a Canada over decoys.

5. hunting1

hunting1 Elite Refuge Member

Invite a friend with more gear and a better caller? (Not me)

Duckman Racing likes this.
  6. jolle

jolle Elite Refuge Member

Hard to say. I was out today on a corn bean edge bc that was the property line, could only hunt the beans. Not a great hide, running traffic, and they wouldnt even give us the time of day. Had a few groups waver and not lose much altitude, but most were on a mission elsewhere. Saw quite a few and a few groups of snows and specks headed north.

7. captaininsano050

captaininsano050 Senior Refuge Member

Get some rocks, and throw them in front of the decoys like you're feeding them bread. It always works at the park.

8. hunting1

hunting1 Elite Refuge Member

Wish I could load a video spoof of that we did...It was hilarious. Used pieces of styrofoam we found in an actual bread bag. I stood off camera and heaved two dead honkers shot earlier as high and as far as I could while my buddy shot and did all the hooping and hollering that you see idots on you tube do

9. Duckman Racing

Duckman Racing Elite Refuge Member

Make sure you're well hidden, don't call. If they have been using the field calling won't be necessary. With the change in weather though it is hard to say what they are going to do. They might just sit on the water or eat grass all day with the warmup.

10. wakenda

wakenda Senior Refuge Member