Tennessee Flyway Forum Sponsors

2019 - 2020 Plantation Bottoms'...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Flyway Forum' started by rtjrex & MollyAnn, Mar 5, 2019.

1. rtjrex & MollyAnn

rtjrex & MollyAnn Elite Refuge Member

ThorneSide Cabin @ Plantation Bottoms' at the bott
    Morning all -
    Me, Maggs, & Andrew met at the Bottoms' yesterday morning to mount the other spud pole on the MollyAnn blind. 3 hours later we had it done. We also got the wire stretched across the front and side & nailed down ready for brushing. We also pulled the front flaps off the flipped up blind and got them ready to mount on the MollyAnn blind. Only thing now is getting the dog ramp off of the other one and flipping that thing back over to drag it away.
    IMG_4151.JPG

I think that we just might have dodged the bullet in getting some moist soil stuff(not Stuff'...) growing in the Bottoms'. The water finally got off and the Millet from last year is growing like crazy! When there is only a couple dong all the work that is needed, every weekend is critical that something gets done. Now that football & fall is here, its even more critical! The Hilton Blind is good and only needs some brush and about the same with the little Sneaker Blind. The neighbor finally got the hole in the fence fixed and the cattle back home so that's a great thing.
    We didn't see any Tealbirds in the area yet. We still got a little water so there is still a chance.

Me & Maggs..............

Clayton likes this.
  2. bill cooksey

bill cooksey Elite Refuge Member

Looks good, Rex. Water finally got off our place a few weeks ago. We got some millet going around the blind, but the barnyard grass and other natives have blown up everywhere else in the field. Yesterday we managed to pull the new blind in and place it. Now we have to build a boat shed, run hog wire off at an angle and cut enough brush to cover this 36 foot monster.
    20190907_163643.jpg 20190907_110618.jpg 20190907_110800.jpg 20190907_132329.jpg

duck dawg and Clayton like this.
  3. Clayton

Clayton Moderator Moderator

You will have to cut down an acre of forest to brush that blind!

GUNNERX2 likes this.
  4. GUNNERX2

GUNNERX2 Elite Refuge Member

Went by LR Friday and no teal yet. Woodies were hanging out though so if the bwt don't show, the woodies will have to take it on the chin.
    @bill cooksey, that is a monster blind. Just curious, do you leave the undercarriage in place or remove it?
    @rtjrex & MollyAnn, have you heard from BB? Was wondering how he faired out during the big blow last week.

5. rtjrex & MollyAnn

Morning All -
    O.K. Bill, you win! your's is bigger! But we got the shade and I guess thats something. Oh yea, and the cattle. Our MollyAnn blind is 32' long but we only brush 26' of it. We got to have a place to stand outside and wee-wee. We dont need a boat hide cause it backs up to the Willows and its never seen. We dont stay long enough in the rain for the boat to fill up so thats not a problem for us either. But, having said that, the MollyAnn is plenty big enough and requires a bunch of brush it seems. We all got our needs dont we! I can see a bunch of laughs in that big old monster and a bunch of memories for the little ones that come! Good for ya'll!

Stevie - I did hear from B.B. A bunch of cedar trees down and ready for blind brushing if there are any blinds left to brush and the shack is still standing.
    At the time I heard from him the power was still out and didnt know when it was coming back on. Other than that, just another day in the life!

Me & Maggs.............

6. bill cooksey

bill cooksey Elite Refuge Member

We pulled the wheels and set it down on cross ties. Blind we replaced was on a cotton trailer and had been there over 20 years with wheels and tires left on. We aired the tires, and they held while moving it to a new spot.

GUNNERX2 likes this.
  7. rtjrex & MollyAnn

Those poor ole cotton trlrs in your part of the world have been used for many things besides cotton aint they! My bud in Miss dug 2 of them up that had been put in a levy a bunch of years back to stabilize it. With the box put on it, reelfoot folks store decoys in them.

Me & Maggs.......

bill cooksey likes this.
  8. deac

deac Elite Refuge Member

IMG_20190906_160251301_HDR.jpg IMG_20190906_160214453_HDR.jpg IMG_20190907_122245440_HDR.jpg

Got the one blockin the driveway cut up fo bushin. My ol nerves cain't take many mo o these. Damn wind sound like devil hisself screechin fo 9 hrs. Transformers blowin up, no tv radio innernet- onliest thing you get these tornado warnings blarin on yo cell phone. I still ain't figgered out what the hell I sposed to do bout a tornado thet I ain't already doin in the middle o a hurricane. Man I sure feel fo them folks in the Bahamas though. I can't imagine what they went through.

9. deac

deac Elite Refuge Member

12209.jpeg 12215.jpeg 12207.jpeg

Blinds I could get to up this end are still there- more or less. Razor goin check on them down there tomorrow.
    Damn Bill y'all can shoot a different flock off each end o that beauty.

10. GUNNERX2

GUNNERX2 Elite Refuge Member

Glad you came out mostly ok. Looks like you and Razor got some work ahead of you.