Tennessee Flyway Forum Sponsors

2019 - 2020 Plantation Bottoms'...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Flyway Forum' started by rtjrex & MollyAnn, Mar 5, 2019.

1. rtjrex & MollyAnn

rtjrex & MollyAnn Elite Refuge Member

ThorneSide Cabin @ Plantation Bottoms' at the bott
    Morning All -

B.B. - We wish you lived closer so we could all pile in and help clean up your yard. As far as your blinds, If I got to go out on the sound with the gators, sharks, & snakes to work on the blinds - Im out!

Yesterday, Me & Maggs loaded up the Gator and headed off to the Bottoms' to do a little painting on thr raw wood & mount the shooting flaps on the MollyAnn blind. Boy, did we ever get a surprise! There was a little rain storm over the Bottoms' and Farmlogs said we got 1.08" of rain in about 30 minutes. Well, it must have come fast and hard cause the water was up about 2' in elevation. Perfect for Tealbirds if there are any Tealbirds in the area! I did see 3 of the little stinkers Im pretty sure along with some mallards, woodies, etc.... I made it over to the MollyAnn thru the water but it was close.
    IMG_4158.JPG

The blind needed about 3 more inches before it was floating. It was too wet to paint but I did get the flaps mounted. Every little bit helps I reckon.

IMG_4156.JPG

The water in front of the ole Hilton is perfect. most likely will be gone by next weekend but this one just might work!

Me & Maggs.........

2. bill cooksey

bill cooksey Elite Refuge Member

Just found out this video of the old blind we replaced existed. This was two years ago when we actually had a winter.

stevena198301 likes this.
  3. GUNNERX2

GUNNERX2 Elite Refuge Member

Omar went by LR this morning and reported seeing a few bwt along with smattering of woodies. I'm going over in the morning to see what's shakin' at shootin' time. Plan on snaggin' a tenderloin biscuit on the way to keep up my lookin' energy.

4. GUNNERX2

Not exactly what I wanted to see this morning, not as many woodies as there shoulda been and the bwt was sparce. Kinda neat to see a red full moon this morning. The tenderloin biscuit was dang good and right along side of it was a fresh hot fried peach pie. Them girls sho know how to whip up some vittles.

5. rtjrex & MollyAnn

rtjrex & MollyAnn Elite Refuge Member

ThorneSide Cabin @ Plantation Bottoms' at the bott
    And speaking of eatin', last week I was at a dove hunt and my bud had some thick sliced smoked Bologna all cooked up with the BBQ we had to eat. That got me to thinking bout' finding me some thick sliced bologna for the grill myself. I had problems locating some til I checked the deli dept. at Publix. Yes sir, what kind would you like as there were 6 or 8 kinds to choose from. I felted sorta silly asking for a taste test of all of them but they if I wanted to do that. Well, heck yea! slice'em up! All seemed to be close to each other but the boars head garlic bologna stood out over the others. Mam, I need a pound of thick cut bologna! She says, how thick? Thick mam.. I didnt notice how thick cause the Missus' happened by about that time talking about something on sale and who cares cause I getting me some bologna for the grill. Anyway, today for lunch I decided on a hunk of bologna for lunch on the grill. Seems that thick slice was about 3/4" thick. there were 3 slices in that pound of bologna. Thats a big slice of bologna! MY Missus' says, why did you let them cut it that thick anyway??? Boy this was a loose-loose right here so I just said nothing. But, oh boy was it ever great. Cheese, onion, pickles, lettuce, a mater, and whatever else I could squeeze on there.

Who-wee was it ever great indeed!! Move over BLT, I got a new 1st choice!

Me & Maggs......

stevena198301 likes this.
  6. GUNNERX2

Wells, ifn I made a sammich today it sho wouldn't be either woodie or teal. The woodies did show up but just about all of 'em came as a bunch and they went over there when we was over here. Omar did scratch one down on up in the morning and Huey fetched it up after rootin' around in the thick brush. Gooses were a no show for the most part, 5 of 'em kinda thought they might want to come visit but then changed their mind.
    Speakin' of smoked baloney, back in my workin' days, we used to go to this BBQ place just off Murfreesboro Rd called Tex's BBQ. Just about every time we went, the other guys would get pulled pork or brisket but I'd get the hickory smoked baloney. Man was that ever good.