2019 Migration Report

Discussion in 'Missouri Flyway Forum' started by Mack Molloy, Oct 8, 2019.

1. wakenda

wakenda Senior Refuge Member

Same here. Decoys are froze in and the ducks left. We are waiting for the next migration.

2. Mack Molloy

Mack Molloy Elite Refuge Member

F4729C4C-1227-4D18-A7D1-47995DCE07EC.png

3. Timber Hole

Timber Hole Elite Refuge Member

I think I’ll go take a look in the morning and see what’s going on. I’m expecting ice but maybe I’ll have a little open water.

4. WuChang

WuChang Elite Refuge Member

Yep
    Cannon is supposed to be holding 30K or so and they don't seem to be foraging too far from there at the moment

Ice eaters???
    12 volt batteries get heavy for us old guys
    Harder to get a hard wired ice eater placed and have it wired so you don't fry everyone or everything but that is how we roll and my back says thank you every time I hit ON in the pit blind switch panel:yes

Most of the clubs pump from a creek or other water source to put water on their place---

We are one of the few that has a well and a drainage/ pumping system....

If we were roosting them, they would keep the water open on their own

we aren't roosting them even when it isn't froze up so we decided not to run the pumps unless we are there
    Way we have it set up--- doesn't take long to have open water even if we start the system at shooting time

We might not be shooting but we are damn handy when it comes to infrastructure :yes:l:l:l

5. i_willie12

i_willie12 Elite Refuge Member

Ive started to pay ALOT more attention to the current moon phase in the last 5 years than i have the first 20 years i was hunting! More so than deer hunting anymore! Seems if he have clear skys and big moon birds just arent moving much during the day anymore! Plus temps in the 50s

wakenda, Sunklands and Mack Molloy like this.
  6. Sunklands

Sunklands Elite Refuge Member

Sometimes it takes alot of stars to align.

7. cam

cam Elite Refuge Member

mostly little ducks today

8. Midwest Duck Hunter

Midwest Duck Hunter Refuge Member

We have very few little ducks around here. In 6 days we have taken 3 gadwall, 4 teal and 2 ringneck. I am wondering if they pushed past us before our season opened. So far, my hunting resembles mid December instead of mid November.

9. Timber Hole

Timber Hole Elite Refuge Member

Slow day for me. Mostly aced up this morning but not very thick. Got a good hole open but the few birds around seemed to be in a big water pattern. Not one mallard gave me a serious look. A few woodies around but not many. Need some open water and a new push of ducks.

wakenda likes this.
  10. captaininsano050

captaininsano050 Senior Refuge Member

I've never hunted out on the river before. How do guys do that when it freezes up? I have a 20 ft Seaark so I'm not worried about the boat but I wouldn't hunt out of the boat as it's white and set up for fishing. Do the ducks and geese just hang on the sandbars?