2019 Migration Report

Discussion in 'Missouri Flyway Forum' started by Mack Molloy, Oct 8, 2019.

1. Midwest Duck Hunter

Midwest Duck Hunter Refuge Member

Glad to hear about the 2072. That is real river boat. Might not always be able to get it where you wanted to be but it will get you home to kiss your wife and hug your kids. Our passion for the sport sometimes clouds our vision of what is truly important in life.

WHUP ! Hen likes this.
  2. i_willie12

i_willie12 Elite Refuge Member

Ouch Squaw just posted numbers 18k ducks :eek::eek: 150k snows Hoped there would be more ducks with those type of snow numbers!

3. captaininsano050

captaininsano050 Senior Refuge Member

Damn split, all the ducks are gone.

4. i_willie12

They were gone long before the split!! WE had ducks the 3rd day of the season shot 3 man limit..... Next 3 days didnt see a bird!

5. captaininsano050

captaininsano050 Senior Refuge Member

I'm trying to throw the MDC under the bus, work with me here!

I'm curious how the ducks are holding in NEMO too.

i_willie12 likes this.
  6. Mack Molloy

Mack Molloy Elite Refuge Member

We are cooking steaks tomorrow...not sure if we will hunt or not. It is a sad state of affairs when the ducks do not cooperate. Hopefully, we will see new birds show up in a few days.

7. i_willie12

aint even work deer hunting right now Mack!!! Temps are going the wrong direction! Saying 67 now tomorrow:doh:mad: and steady temps from here to ND after fridays little front for awhile really....

8. prairie hunter

prairie hunter Elite Refuge Member

Like I said, granted we were based out of a house boat barge and not the marina.

Boss's duck camp ... we would get to the houseboat barge via a 20' bass boat. The john boat was just for the 5 - 15 minute run to their leases and/or public land. That said some of the canals (aka bayous) dumped quick into the Gulf if you missed the turn.

I was a Dakota boy transplant to LA. The last year I lived there (it took about 4 years to build their trust) I was part of the duck camp (youngest guy there by 20 years) and had a SW LA rice field lined up with two guys (another MN guy married into a rice farm family). Property was just down the road from one of "Doug's prime fields". It flipp'n all came together and I moved back north. Ducks were 3/30 the five years I lived there to boot. :doh

Last edited: Nov 19, 2019
  9. Riverfisher

Riverfisher Refuge Member

Swan Lake posted a count today...Back up to 100,000 ducks.

10. Cliner

Cliner Elite Refuge Member

Pretty slim pickings up there right now. Ducks are holding tight and flying late. Was there the last 2 days. Thinking Thursday will shake things up again. Clubs are still holding plenty of ducks to shoot, they just don’t fly.