2020 - 2021 Waterfowl Reports

Discussion in 'Nebraska Flyway Forum' started by Huskermut, Jun 25, 2020.

1. nebgoosehunter

nebgoosehunter Senior Refuge Member

I will be out of town in Wyoming this weekend so my teal season is done. I am already looking forward to some sandhills hunts next month! The anticipation is quite high, a lot higher than coming into teal season. The sandhills are quite magical in the fall!

Huskermut likes this.
  2. huntineveryday

huntineveryday Senior Refuge Member

Pretty slow season in south central Nebraska for me so far. Shot 5 on the Platte opening morning, but I just happened to shoot well with the limited opportunities we had. Same spot I got skunked the following day, heard very little shooting up and down the river. Shot one scouting for the next day. Labor day we found an area with a lot of sloughs along the river and were absolutely covered up in birds. Quick 2 man limit in 15 minutes.

Went back to the same spot and we took 3 out of the flock of 4 that came in, and we didnt see any other tealthe rest of the morning. Seems like that front really sucked the fun out of the spot we hunted Labor Day. After dismal results scouting Saturday I opted to take the boys for a dove hunt this morning.

nebgoosehunter likes this.
  3. Huskermut

Huskermut Senior Refuge Member

Slower week/weekend for me. Hunted after work Thursday/Friday with two skunks. Hunted the Hills and got nine between four of us. Saw a couple hundred. Next day, hunted a little wetland and ended with four. We'll see what this weekend brings.

Stink tail and nebgoosehunter like this.
  4. Huntges11

Huntges11 Senior Refuge Member

Well that was quick! Saw two ducks Sat and no teal. They gone. At least on our little part of the Platte river. We did see plenty of Wonder bread fed local geese though. Doesn't look like any weather coming in for the last weekend of the teal season don't know if I'll get out again.

5. ajj16

ajj16 Senior Refuge Member

Went out solo Saturday morning on a tiny water hole off the river, fast and furious, done in about 15 mins, only had time to throw out 1 decoy because I waited for the rain to stop. Sat there drank the rest of my coffee watching woodies suicide into the hole.

P.S.- Don't mind that 7th shell ;)

upload_2020-9-15_14-52-13.png