2020?

Discussion in 'Montana / Wyoming Flyway Forum' started by Mean Gene, Dec 22, 2019.

1. Mean Gene

Mean Gene Moderator Moderator

This year is about over. That being the case, what's your 2020 looking like? Any big plans or projects?

We head back to Ennis the 1st of April to get ready to start building our house. Weather permitting the shop, mud room and front porch slabs get done in mid-April and nails start getting pounded May 1st. I am really, REALLY looking forward to being in our own house again and not having to go anywhere for the winter...this nomad life sucks. I am also looking forward to walking in to Shedhorn Sports and buying my resident deer and elk tags. I've killed deer before, but never an elk and am hoping to put one in the freezer. The last of November and first part of December will see me back on a long range boat out of San Diego and fishing Guadalupe Island targeting 100+ lb yellowfin tunas. I'd really like to make a trip up into Canada and chase some ducks and geese so that's a real possibility. I've never caught a northern pike before and I'm looking forward to that. I've never killed a hun before, so maybe I can bag a few of those. I'm looking forward to finally having a place to work on decoys again and that will be a reality in the new shop. I'm looking forward to having a place where I can set up my fly tying stuff and a permanent basis. I'm looking forward to being more involved with the community and friends we've made in Ennis the last three years.

Yeah, I think 2020 is going to be an awesome year!

2. Native NV Ducker

Native NV Ducker Mod-Duck Hunters Forum, Classifieds, and 2 others Moderator

First year in a new place is always a busy one.

New House Tip: If you are thinking of wanting trees, but thinking they will take too long to grow, plant them NOW. I didn't, and 14 years later, that was a mistake.

3. Mean Gene

Mean Gene Moderator Moderator

Yep. That is on the "immediate need" project list.

4. HaydenHunter

HaydenHunter Elite Refuge Member

We've got a trip to Kauai planned for the end of winter. Daughter in Montana is getting married (venue to be determined) some time in June. Competing in the Coeur d'Alene Ironman 70.3 at the end of June. Training up till then. Taking a rental house and putting in a new bathroom and other flip type improvements, then probably selling it. That should take me up to hunting season.

5. H20DAD

H20DAD Elite Refuge Member

Elk hunting guides won’t call me back. Won’t be elk hunting.....