2021-2022 Waterfowl Reports

Discussion in 'Nebraska Flyway Forum' started by Huskermut, Jun 21, 2021.

1. Keith S.

Keith S. Senior Refuge Member

Yesterday was my best morning of the season. Saw 7-8 flocks up towards 25+ birds.

Huntges11, DGL and nebgoosehunter like this.
  2. Ed Camenzind

Ed Camenzind New Member

Haven’t hunted since Saturday. There were a couple bluewings on our marsh this morning and later in the afternoon an eclipsed widgeon showed up. That was pretty cool, after only seeing woodies and teal so far.

nebgoosehunter and DGL like this.
  3. Winchester 1897

Winchester 1897 Elite Refuge Member

Took till 9 but got my limit in the last day of high plains. Lots of gadwall around all of a sudden.

Attached Files:

Reelcranky, nebgoosehunter and DGL like this.
  4. DGL

DGL Refuge Member

Shot 1 gwt this morning. Things have changed a lot since my last hunt on Labor Day. Covered up in woodies this morning and saw a few pintails and mallards as well. Saw no blue wings but several flocks of green wings that did not want to play.

Labor Day was a great hunt to follow up the opener. Shot 5bwt and 1gwt in about 40 minutes and sat there with the dog watching more decoy for a while afterwards.

5. thunderfromdownunder

thunderfromdownunder Senior Refuge Member

Went from zero geese to 300 in a night if that helps

6. 20gaSprig

20gaSprig Refuge Member

Very poor day in the basins. Thought the coolest temps of the week might produce but boy were we wrong. Didn't even see a legal bird, only two pintail hens. I've never been skunked at this spot, the marsh is A+ teal habitat with smartweed in ankle to shin deep water. Pretty disappointing end to my teal season. Scouted three other spots with water and only turned up 7 teal. Fingers crossed for big duck season...

ajj16 and DGL like this.
  7. nebgoosehunter

nebgoosehunter Senior Refuge Member

We are closed out west as we only get the nine days, so we will have to live through you guys the rest of the week. Right on schedule the day after season, our first big northern cold front is expected in the Monday to Tuesday time frame with high temps dropping 20+ degrees here.

8. Huskermut

Huskermut Senior Refuge Member

Saw a lot of pintails throughout teal season as well as quite a few greenwings. The cold front next week should get some birds moving. Then it's just counting down the days until October 9th. I won't get into the lost week again.

9. Huntges11

Huntges11 Senior Refuge Member

Snuck out a day of work yesterday. Had looked at the weather up north and wind flow charts all across the Dakotas were showing N NW, I thought for sure would push birds. It DID just not many teal. We saw as many Pintails and bigger ducks as we did teal yesterday. The thin fog on the Pl river didn't help us early either. We killed one single otherwise birds showed very little interest in us. Other than the pintails and bigger ducks that swung countless times. Not hunting this weekend with temps touchin the 90 degree mark. Just going to watch that beautiful little front next week come in and push all the teal thru that we can't hunt..................Oct 30th who in their right mind?

10. nebgoosehunter

nebgoosehunter Senior Refuge Member

Yeah kinda like December 21st in the sandhills and basins...who in their right mind.