2021 Migratory Bird Seasons via the Online Input Tool

Discussion in 'Wisconsin Flyway Forum' started by malford, Mar 9, 2021.

1. 1duckmaster

1duckmaster Elite Refuge Member

I'm surprised at the people that don't vote in favor of more opportunity. 72% want a teal season, but lets limit it to 9 days when we can have 16. ?? :scratch

2. woodiefanatic

woodiefanatic Elite Refuge Member

Change is the devil!!!!

marsh man dan and pointblind like this.
  3. canpoint

canpoint Elite Refuge Member

I am not that guy, but some of my best field hunts are the last week of the season, with most years in the last 15 where the mallards don;t show up on the river until after the season ends. Reaffirms how little you get out in the north, scout, and hunt ducks. I'll take Later Season field mallards all day long!!!

Fozzbear and marsh man dan like this.
  4. Dirk Van Schmaldlerson

Dirk Van Schmaldlerson Elite Refuge Member

FIELD DUCK HUNTING
    F the rest of the guys out trying to hunt marshes and other duck bearing areas that freeze earlier. And this is coming from a guy that hunts fields almost exclusively, I just understand that there are all kinds of arenas that guys would like to kill ducks in. You want what's best for you, I get it, but it doesn't mean it's best for the vast majority of the guys buying a stamp. Trust me, I know plenty about killing ducks and geese in fields, its not exclusive to the north, or south, zone in Wisconsin. I'm just not selfish enough to take away opportunity for the vast majority of hunter numbers.

Holesinthesky likes this.
  5. marsh man dan

marsh man dan Elite Refuge Member

I just don't understand why with 3 zones and splits plus now a teal season why we can't do a better job spreading out our season to accommodate everyone's hunting style.

Our season is structured around guys who like shooting brown ducks when it's 70 plus degrees out. I would bet around 50% of stamp purchasers don't hunt past mid to late oct

6. canpoint

canpoint Elite Refuge Member

I have read enough of your posts, do not believe what you type. You are very selfish, and do what is best for you.

Data shows if you have researched it, that the majority of the hunters do not harvest more than 3 ducks a season and over 50% hunt less than 10 days. The vast majority prefer brown ducks and mosquitoes.

7. Ducker 4 Ever

Ducker 4 Ever Elite Refuge Member

Why do we argue about this every year on this site? Lol

GK1 likes this.
  8. Dirk Van Schmaldlerson

Dirk Van Schmaldlerson Elite Refuge Member

Thanks for making my point for me. The vast majority still buy the same stamp you and I do, even if they don't utilize it to the extent we do. You want to call me very selfish, knock yourself out, didn't seem to bother you when you wanted fishing info and I provided it. I know, selfish and all.

9. recker999

recker999 Senior Refuge Member

Correct the river gets red hot the last few weeks. Lacrosse can be on fire most years. In your face red leg mallards.

10. woodiefanatic

woodiefanatic Elite Refuge Member

Funny how little late season traffic I see I on here or else where from guys crushing those late season mallards. Also I would call DVS a lot of things but selfish is not one. No doubt there are guys that do well but if you can’t kill birds in Oct and Nov you are retarded. Don’t care how brown they are if you want to shoot plumed drakes move south. Not hunting birds when they are here in mass because they are brown is stupidity.