IowaWaterfowler10

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
Another pretty good weekend. Put 4 specks in the dirt, my first I’ve ever shot in Iowa so that was neat. Nice push of birds came in this week. Coulda used the rain in July though!

iaduckhunter

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
Had a good 3 days of hunting with my son. Mixed bag of birds (green wings, mallard, gadwalls, widgeon, wood ducks, and shoveler)

nobands

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Got back from dad's last night ,was going to hunt today, raining pretty good at 430. Radar showed no let up so I went back bed .
We sure need this rain though.

nobands

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I got next Thu and Fri off . Aint expecting much , I actually have no plan other then I get to hunt at least 1 day with the son .
Geese were on a good loaf pond for 3 days now they moved or no reason..
I'd maybe try pheasants , but my back and my knee are pretty jacked up .

nobands

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Working on buddies boat so not hunting today .
The kids are coming over for birthdays in bit .
20211106_082607.jpg

But this sucker just wouldn't shut up behind the barn .It was too much for me and the old dog to take

iaduckhunter

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
Son and I hunted Tuesday 7 green wing, today 8 green wing 2 mallards. Fun to see him growing into his own (calling, setting decoys ect) he's fifteen and really getting good. Third generation makes his papa and me proud. Hope to get all three of us in on a good diver hunt yet this year. Haven't seen many yet.

nobands

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
One of life greatest feelings is seeing your kids develop into their own . It's a pretty good feeling when they succeed on their own .

Latest posts