2022-2023 Migratory Bird Season open to public comment

bird junkie

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Also I believe in hunt less scout more kill more. Going out to sit and watch the sky is foolish if you want to kill ducks in the HAF. We just don’t have the numbers to get under and hope they fly close enough to work. IMHO

WOODIE13

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Didn't seem to work for us here, find birds one day, they were gone the next or 5 miles away. A lot of bright nights here during the late season.

What did seem to work is afternoon hunts, find birds, soft bump and set up.

bird junkie

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Didn't seem to work for us here, find birds one day, they were gone the next or 5 miles away. A lot of bright nights here during the late season.

What did seem to work is afternoon hunts, find birds, soft bump and set up.

It absolutely worked for you. Did you read what you posted? “Find birds, soft bump and set up” you didn’t just go hunt because you thought birds were there. You scouted then hunted.

WOODIE13

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Within minutes that same day. Run and gun

I gave up scouting a day before dealing with flood control lakes, drop or raise 6 inches and the birds were miles away. Same with the rivers with the locks and dams. Six inches matter

Oh well, every year a new learning experience, time to trout fish
20220210_181939.jpg

Hellbender

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
The two mallard daily hurts. What puzzles me is what happened to the bluebills…. Both coasts, by the way. Though I don’t shoot them (unless I need some crab bait), they always provide great entertainment watching flocks of hundreds checking out the decoys a couple feet off the water. Incidentally, folks. You won’t like zone seasons.

Little Ruddy

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with a corn fed bluebill as far as table fare is concerned.

Little Ruddy

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Didn't say anything about shooting them, just a general statement...infact any corn fed duck or goose would be good eating. As would a deer, turkey, cow, etc.