2022 - 23 Plantation Bottoms’ goings on …..

rtjrex & MollyAnn

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
ThorneSide Cabin @ Plantation Bottoms' at the bott
Morning ya’ll -
Looks as though Mom Nature has given us our marching orders for the next couple weeks.
We went to the bottoms to get some bush hoggin done, and after we finished I checked out the water level.
C158A211-54FE-484E-9164-4C5BBF26A5D5.jpeg
7593DC99-A641-48D2-A307-4EC01131A509.jpeg

I reckon we’ll be planting comin up real soon!

Me & Maggs…..

GUNNERX2

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Whatcha gonna go for this year, Jap and milo?
I went over to LR two weeks ago to have a look around and we had plenty of water at that time but with these high temps and no rain, she's gonna drop down pretty quick. The woodies and geese did well nesting and hatching.

rtjrex & MollyAnn

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Hi Stevie -
I reckon we’ll do the same as last year.
We will put in that tall Sudan sorghum & some Egyptian wheat just because we got it.
And just hope we don’t get flooded out.

Me and Maggs…..

rtjrex & MollyAnn

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Our big ole MollyAnn blind is sittin pretty and where she is supposed to. Not like last year when she ended up in the top of a willow tree.
145ACA2B-77FA-46DD-877B-9C5E54139F7F.jpeg

Just a sloppy mess right now.

Me & Maggs……

rtjrex & MollyAnn

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Well fellas, here we go. Another year older, and another year planting the Bottoms and hoping for the best!

3435117F-BE74-4790-99C3-E20FD335A24D.jpeg
3435117F-BE74-4790-99C3-E20FD335A24D.jpeg

With visions of ducks flying and good times ahead, we trudge on. Win, loose, or draw, it’s what we do. My Missus’ says it’s a sickness that has no cure. Just pitiful!!

Me & Maggs…….

Small Bore Hunter

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
Our insurance man says it "diagnosable" but not "curable". The lady that owns the salon where I get my hair cut says "only men have stupid and expensive hobbies". I never did think her elevator went all the way to the top.

bill cooksey

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Our insurance man says it "diagnosable" but not "curable". The lady that owns the salon where I get my hair cut says "only men have stupid and expensive hobbies". I never did think her elevator went all the way to the top.
Horses, decorating, traveling, clothes, purses, shoes, flower gardens come to mind. All can be dang expensive when taken on for fun.

Small Bore Hunter

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
Bill they don't think that way. All you listed are on the "don't count" list. There is an Amazon package almost every day by our garage when I get home. One out of fifty will be mine. She wants to retire mid summer next year. I told her she would have to keep working or change her buying habits. You know how that went over. She and her sister do some travelling without me. She says when I travel at the end of the day I want to shot something or jerk something out of the water. She was right on that.

bill cooksey

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Bill they don't think that way. All you listed are on the "don't count" list. There is an Amazon package almost every day by our garage when I get home. One out of fifty will be mine. She wants to retire mid summer next year. I told her she would have to keep working or change her buying habits. You know how that went over. She and her sister do some travelling without me. She says when I travel at the end of the day I want to shot something or jerk something out of the water. She was right on that.
No doubt about it.

Latest posts