2022 Picture Thread

sdkidaho

Decoy, Gun Dog, Christian, Idaho, Montana/Wyoming
Reaction score

Woodduck31

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
It looks like most around here have learned not to post photos during season anymore. It's bad enough how easily our spots get burned, but with the growing population in western Idaho it's getting hard to find birds you can actually decoy without interference. I quit duck hunting the end of the season last year, but go with Caleb on occasion carrying a fly rod. I still make decoys for him and he's had a few good hunts. Since today is it for ducks and winter fishing winding down I figured I'd get this party started. We put a lot of trout in my little home made landing net, but nothing big this year.

harvest.jpg
calebsgaddy.jpg
IMG_1825.JPG

salthunter

Reaction score
Truly an adventure! March in South Dakota.

Hayden Hunter on the right!!!

I think this was birds from an evening hunt, the next day and following morning. The great deal those birds were going to a guy and we didnt need to clean them. I think it may have been the next night Hayden was making supper,, Tim and I cleaned birds,,, that got to be a big job,,, however we were rewarded with a great meal.

20220327_124934.jpg

My first morning, I sent the selfie to my wife. I kind of goofed I should have got a pic with thousands of geese in the back ground.

20220314_193208.jpg

Im thinking this is the 2nd most incredible natural wonder I've ever experienced, 15 million geese flying over in thousands of waves over an hour and 20 minutes 125-400 yards up.

20220314_132249.jpg

Last edited:

salthunter

Reaction score
If All three of us are on our A game,, That will be one great run. Dang I am feeling better than I have since August 2020.
My daughter participated on a local Triathlon, ran into my Doc he could tell I was doing better.

That first pic is 4 great hunting partners !!!!

Woodduck31

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Looks like you all had a great time. It takes me back to my younger days growing up in Eastern Kansas with the massive flights of snows.