2022 Spring Snow Goose Reports

duck central

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
Today was a Awesome day not just for me but the puppy outdid himself. Opened a pond with the Ice eater, it was between the roust and the feed. Used a dz. floaters and 2 dz. socks. I didn't get setup until about 1 hour after they left the roust. Didn't take long after they hit the feed to come back. Fast and IN YOUR face shots. I know i could have shot HUNDREDS today. 20 in less than 20 minutes. They kept coming for over 2 hours and ever bunch came right over. This puppy has some great drive. hope he doesn't kill me.!!!! LOL
Ive got the young ladies tomorrow , so Im going to shoot it again.

jolle

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
That's awesome, can't recall, you headed north to Sask to chase them right? Here in MO its hard to even imagine at this point, 95 degrees today ....

hunting1

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
95 degrees today .
As hot as it was today I was reminiscing about crisp frosty mornings. I really have no use for summer time other than the occasional fishing trip

duck central

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
We had to wait quite awhile to set up yesterday . the birds didn't want to leave our pond. The girls and I got set up bye 9:30 and the show started quickly after that. I shot backup and let the ladies bang away.
They both had their first Triples of their lives. Im getting way more pleasure out of watching then shooting. Ive never had kids and bringing Newbies into this crazy sport is far more important.
Needless to say we were in the diner having lunch before Noon. I wish I was 40 years younger !!!!! Id marry the older girl, and its not just because dad owns 72 sections of land. LOL

hunting1

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
not just because dad owns 72 sections of land. LOL
But that would be a nice peek. :yes:tu. Congratulations on the awesome hunts and getting the young folks involved. Jealous!

duckblaster17

Reaction score
But that would be a nice peek. :yes:tu. Congratulations on the awesome hunts and getting the young folks involved. Jealous!
Most of us dream of having 1 good day. Duck central does it most days and teaching the younger generation to enjoy the sport is the best bonus you could ask for. To see the look on their faces as they get their first bird is priceless.

duck central

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
The reason I may do some better is I chose my hunts very close. Ive been doing this for over 50 years and they still beat me most days. 70 days on the road this spring chasing the White Devils.
You should hear me in the field some days. Lots of "F" bombs. LOL
Ive spent 1000's of hours watching birds and learning or trying to learn what they might do next.
I saw another NECK collared Spec. today.
5 days and I head hone,
The woman is ready to start fishing and I need a break. It starts again Sept. 12 and goes til Oct. 30.
From what I've seen this spring is if they have a average hatch this fall will be AWESOME!!!!
Hey duckblaster I just wanted to say thanks for the kind words., Ive always liked taking kids out either fishing or hunting. Ive never had any of my own and Id be more than happy to take more anytime.
I wont make 1500 this spring but Its damn close.
Ive got the girls Friday though Monday for the last spring hunts . I can't wait til fall.

Empty Skies

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Great reports duck central. If you are looking for a fellow snow chaser in your age bracket next spring, call.

duck central

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
I hate to say it but Monday is my last Hunt until Sept. for me Canada. If my log book is correct and I know it is , I wont make 1500. With a limit tomorrow Im at 1437. Not bad for a old guy ... LOL
Hey Empty Skies I PM'd my number too y0u. don't be shy and call.