2022 Waterfowl

Dirk Van Schmaldlerson

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
You pass up a spoony in my boat you will never be invited back. Trophy birds. We blew up a flock of 30 mallards last week to put a hen spoon on the rack.
I’d like to know how many sure thing goose flocks I’ve blown up to kill a crow over the years. @pointblind really likes that.

woodiefanatic

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
You pass up a spoony in my boat you will never be invited back. Trophy birds. We blew up a flock of 30 mallards last week to put a hen spoon on the rack.
Hey I have no problem shooting a spoon tang but I love a drake pintail. I don’t get the chance at to many that are plumed out.

Here was a jump on a little flock on a puddle just for you. We each shot once and had 4 birds laying.
8CF99152-0688-4920-8642-8B126844E053.jpeg

GK1

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Hey I have no problem shooting a spoon tang but I love a drake pintail. I don’t get the chance at to many that are plumed out.

Here was a jump on a little flock on a puddle just for you. We each shot once and had 4 birds laying.
View attachment 364344

Beautiful. Like looking at the Mona Lisa .

Dirk Van Schmaldlerson

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
FYI. She be freezing up hard around here. Even the moving water didn’t survive last night. It’s far from over, but we lost a bunch of birds because of it.

Alldrakes

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
FYI. She be freezing up hard around here. Even the moving water didn’t survive last night. It’s far from over, but we lost a bunch of birds because of it.
Birds moved out in mass yesterday morning from the marsh I hunt. They filed out for hours heading south. Low of 7 last night and a strong NW wind yesterday.

Jagwall

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
Been hunting rivers and it’s has been pretty slim pickings. Passed on the only duck in range on Thursday, drake bufflehead. Friday had a decent solo shoot, lots of geese around. Went back Saturday froze for 3 ducks and a couple missed chances between 2 of us, geese gave us the finger multiple times. Took yesterday off to scout and didn’t find much to be excited about. My normal late season favorites aren’t holding the birds they have in the past, hard to stay fired up about it to be honest.