Discussion in 'Iowa Flyway Forum' started by nobands, Jan 5, 2022.

1. Aunt Betty

Aunt Betty Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

I was in arkansas.
    It's tempting to go pretend goose hunt here and accidentally shoot ducks.
    ;)

2. nobands

nobands Elite Refuge Member

Serious question Betty, is there a thread on this forum you haven't felt the need to reply too?

3. Stormer

Stormer Senior Refuge Member

97A2F8DD-D7D5-430F-BBF3-8427FA2976F9.jpeg Did my part to thin the herd Friday evening.

4. Stormer

Stormer Senior Refuge Member

3CB51D68-948B-482D-9A72-259803316B81.jpeg Caught a meal for the wife and I tonight.

5. R.R.HARBAUGH

R.R.HARBAUGH Senior Refuge Member

Mike,
    You have your very OWN random BS thread on the Main Forum. Please Sir, refrain from randomly posting on these threads unless you want to ADD something positive and meaningful to what the OP posted.

6. IowaWaterfowler10

IowaWaterfowler10 Senior Refuge Member

Boys went out and crunched them today while I was working. Probably a wrap on the season for me. Way way worse than last year, but a lot of good hunts were had!

nobands likes this.
  7. nobands

20220115_084649.jpg

Come on spring !!

brentbullets and riverrat47 like this.
  8. riverrat47

riverrat47 Elite Refuge Member

Yesterday, I cut a hunt a bit short, partly because of the incoming weather and partly because of my pup, at home alone. Looking at your picture got me reminiscing about my younger days. Running around in a 70s two-wheel-drive pickup, with just some weight in the back. A forecast of a foot of snow...no problem. Hunt till the end of shooting time, stop for food, and a couple of non-hydrating adult beverages. Then, drive three hours or more home, scraping frost off the inside of the windows all the way. Did I think a thing about it? Hell, No.
    Yesterday, I'm heading home at 1:30. Yea, I'm concerned about the dog being in the house for nine hours, but I'm also thinking about the projected snow and two-hour drive home in a 4x4 truck, with a working heater. Four hours of standing has my back, knees, and ankle hurting more than a little. Plus, the cold has drained my energy level...and it isn't even cold, around 30.*
    Man, am I turning into a wimp, or what!!!!

nobands likes this.
  9. nobands

Ya to be young again , never owned anything really warm till the 80s , never had a 4wd till the late 80s . Never stopped me then , but it does now .

riverrat47 likes this.
  10. riverrat47

riverrat47 Elite Refuge Member

It was a 'share-croppers special,' six, stick, nothing on it. I put that thing through hell, several times. By the time I traded it off, the speedometer had over 200,000 miles, but it hadn't worked for damn near a decade. If that truck could have talked I'd still be in jail. :dv The last time I saw it, it was headed south with 4 migrant workers in the cab, and about a half dozen more in the bed.

nobands likes this.