3" HG load?

kjb25

Reaction score
Something to consider , once the payload leaves the barrel the difference between 2 3/4" and 3" loads is your ability to put it on target !
Size , density and velocity of the pellet determines distance , but , recoil can help or ruin your success !
Agree 100% about recoil, I've always shot 300wm and the highest dram Shells i could find. But in my older years the body doesn't like the high recoil and I'm aware of it. So mild is good anymore. I wish tss was cheaper. I think with some tss loads i wouldn't need to push them as hard. Maybe I'll buy a couple of pounds to see how it does.
Thank you Ravename for your knowledge

JP

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
^^^
WARNING!!!

DO NOT buy any TSS!

You will be forever addicted to what it’s capabilities are and there’s no known cure.

kjb25

Reaction score
^^^
WARNING!!!

DO NOT buy any TSS!

You will be forever addicted to what it’s capabilities are and there’s no known cure.
Lol, that's what I'm afraid of. I don't shoot that much, maybe I'll load my shells with it and not tell the others i load for ;-) .

Reactions: JP

Ravenanme

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
The evolution of payloads have come full circle and one's ability to maintain advantage can be a , Plus or Minus !
Back in the days when electro-plated hard lead (Buffered) was the Holy Grail in the marshes , it took trigger-time to become better than
average . I not only hunted after work but took time off , to wonder around each hunting season as I was second oldest of 8 boys in my
family . Mom was always appreciative of whatever I brought home (within reason) and was very particular how it was processed to be cooked .
Mom was old-school , she could prepare just about anything for the table that tasted Good as , she was a southern girl raised in the
backwoods of south Louisiana . As they say , we were raised on how , to skin a buck , run a trout-line and survive .
As we get older , it's fun to think back and brag a little of our accomplishments and shooting straight is one I crow about to this day . haha !
I can say , it's not the Arrow or the Bow even though I'm a gun hunter that brings success but the knowledge of the game you're after , along
with , whether you can "Put it on them" when the time comes . Those who try to shoot beyond their ability , use to keep ammo less expensive
but , not these days ! The industry is trying to survive this Administrations Liberal BS , so , keep shooting what you can afford and make a point
of , practicing to shoot for success , within your ability ! just saying

baltz526

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
My favorite 3" 12ga load. 3" Remington SP hull. fed209a primer. MM wad. 32gr Steel powder. 1 1/4oz #1 steel. Old BP data

sharkman

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
My favorite 3" 12ga load. 3" Remington SP hull. fed209a primer. MM wad. 32gr Steel powder. 1 1/4oz #1 steel. Old BP data
What is your fps out of that load? Seems like it would be a slow load. I'm using 3 more grains of powder and getting 1475 fps. Your wad height ok? Sure I would like to use less powder. Got a few MM wads left maybe I'll load 1 up today and chronograph it.

Ravenanme

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
What is your fps out of that load? Seems like it would be a slow load. I'm using 3 more grains of powder and getting 1475 fps. Your wad height ok? Sure I would like to use less powder. Got a few MM wads left maybe I'll load 1 up today and chronograph it.

It does go faster loaded in a 2 3/4" hull with 465 grs of 3's !

C M Wings

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Agree 100% about recoil, I've always shot 300wm and the highest dram Shells i could find. But in my older years the body doesn't like the high recoil and I'm aware of it. So mild is good anymore. I wish tss was cheaper. I think with some tss loads i wouldn't need to push them as hard. Maybe I'll buy a couple of pounds to see how it does.
Thank you Ravename for your knowledge
1 ounce at 1400 doesn’t kick and is perfectly effective.

C M Wings

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
^^^
WARNING!!!

DO NOT buy any TSS!

Says a man who can shoot…..

The cure is realizing one isn’t a good enough shot to justify $3-$5-$8 a trigger pull. And if you can’t hit squat at 30 you don’t need TSS unless you wanna shoot a .410. I know you can shoot…

Last edited: