3rd Annual Abuse Shelter Giveaway

Holesinthesky

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Greetings,
You may or may not of seen the threads I have started the past 2 years.

It is that time.......

All, I know everyone has their favorite charity. I also know that money is tight for some. That is true for most charities. Donations are down. I would like to ask, that maybe instead of the “extra” piece of duck gear this year. Please donate to your LOCAL abuse shelter this year. Most will...
www.refugeforums.com
www.refugeforums.com
and

Raffle-Fundraiser

After last years raffle/fundraiser. https://www.refugeforums.com/threads/it-is-that-time.1065631/#post-11528475 I was asked if I was going to do another this year? So I believe I Will. Here is the information. DO NOT send me any money. I ask, that you make a donation to YOUR LOCAL abuse...
www.refugeforums.com
www.refugeforums.com

So getting a head start on this year.
How this plays out……

- You make a donation to the LOCAL Abuse Shelter IN YOUR AREA.
- DO NOT send me any money.
- Post here, Done.
- I will put all names in a hat and on Christmas Eve, I will conduct the drawing for the amount of giveaways I have.
- I will post the winner’s names in this thread, and winners will need to send me their full contact info, for the items to be shipped.
- Some items will be shipped from me, and others shipped directly from the donator.

If you would like to add an item to the donation giveaway, please post in the thread, with a pic.
I will then add that item to the Giveaway list/Drawing. ( We can work out shipping- either to me/ or you ship to winner).

I already have commits for 2 items.

- An elk antler bottle opener by @Lexuss ( Donated one last year, pic in previous thread).
last years giveaway
FAE5B24C-2E96-4A7B-BA27-EFE58AE1ECF4.jpeg

- Carved Mantle Decoy by @kansasgoose

1A166E71-0194-44A0-A854-45DF0155928B.jpeg
D06976AF-B870-473A-8815-01869FCBDC02.jpeg
10E8EDB7-73DD-4C39-8648-96623611EE03.jpeg

Thank you for your time and consideration.​

Most of you will never see the the relief and joy that you bring to those in a shelter.
For those unfamiliar….., you will not be allowed to go to the shelter to drop off anything.
There will be a POC that will coordinate for delivery.
Often times the POC is an officer at your local PD/SO (Often times the sex crimes or crimes against children investigator), or they have the number to contact the POC.

Some of you may be in a better position to donate more than a gift. In that case, maybe ask if can assist in catering a meal. Or in addition to a gift for a child, everyday essentials- diapers, baby wipes, formula, etc….

I would really like to see participation grow even more this year over the past 2 years.
For those that are wondering…… NO I do not receive anything from this.
It is for the shelter in your area.
I have been donating for over 35 years now.

I know many give to other charities, and I commend you for that.
If you are able, please donate a gift ( cost of a box of shells) for a child in a situation, they had no control over.

Again,
Thank You.

creedsduckman

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I told Holes I'd make a decoy. Haven't decide what yet, either cork or canvas. I threw in the caveat that it might not be finished at the exact time of the giveaway but I am a man of my word and it will be done in a timely manner. I originally thought about a cork wood duck until I saw slough hunters and I'm not following that!

hailcaller

Reaction score
I told Holes I'd make a decoy. Haven't decide what yet, either cork or canvas. I threw in the caveat that it might not be finished at the exact time of the giveaway but I am a man of my word and it will be done in a timely manner. I originally thought about a cork wood duck until I saw slough hunters and I'm not following that!
How about winners choice of birds that you are comfortable making?