410 load development

TheCanMan

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
I shot a few of the 3/8oz loads with Stretch36 wads and h110, I did not see any scrub in the wads. I recovered some to take a picture. I’ll dig them out and get a picture.

I wondering if the scrub is from the TSS creeping through the slits, it’s small shot, and we might not see stubbing effects on the wad itself.

TheCanMan

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
I’ve also found the Mylar wraps want to expand, and I’m curious if the wad opens faster with Mylar wraps, and if that affects the shot column.

hamernhonkers

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
Hal can help you out with those loads you want to make up as well.

Hammer, that load you have been shooting is that with h110, or LilGun?

I shot a few of the 3/8oz loads with Stretch36 wads and h110, I did not see any scrub in the wads. I recovered some to take a picture. I’ll dig them out and get a picture.
Those were all with the H110 and trimmed TPS wads.

Buster_AZ

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
30FBA9C4-D4A3-49C3-A4B2-8C6480B3FFEA.jpeg

I tested the same hevi shot load in both the stretch (left) and cutdown tps (right) in 2.5” .410 hull. While there’s always a chance that a piece of small, hard shot can work into the slits in a wad, I’ve had no issue with tps. The stretch wads caused some minor scoring in the forcing cone after just a couple experimental shots, so I’ve stopped using them. Even with tps wads, shot can work into the wad slids and I’ve seen firsthand the damage one hard pellet do. A good friend I shoot with had a hevi shot pellet work into the wad slit of a 3” published load. A large scratch now runs down his prized wingmaster and he refuse to shoot any hard, non tox without a mylar wrap even in tps wad!

JRS

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
View attachment 339100
I tested the same hevi shot load in both the stretch (left) and cutdown tps (right) in 2.5” .410 hull. While there’s always a chance that a piece of small, hard shot can work into the slits in a wad, I’ve had no issue with tps. The stretch wads caused some minor scoring in the forcing cone after just a couple experimental shots, so I’ve stopped using them. Even with tps wads, shot can work into the wad slids and I’ve seen firsthand the damage one hard pellet do. A good friend I shoot with had a hevi shot pellet work into the wad slit of a 3” published load. A large scratch now runs down his prized wingmaster and he refuse to shoot any hard, non tox without a mylar wrap even in tps wad!
All my “stretch” wads for test loads looked the same. I’m only using TPS.