50 yard pattern

Discussion in 'Shooting - Reloading Forum' started by illinideer, Feb 1, 2021.

1. illinideer

illinideer Refuge Member

When I was tweaking my 930 for a more centered pattern I decided to shoot a couple shells at 50 just out of curiosity. This is 2 shots both 2 3/4 inch hand loads. One was 90 pellets of B shot 33gn steel b&p wad the other 112 pellets of #1 37gn steel same wad Fed topgun hull.
    I used my mid range cremator I figured I would have a pretty sparse pattern but was kinda of surprised with what I got. I have no intentions of shooting this far. I was using a 6 oclock hold on the dot. My other 2 scribbles are a rough outline of a goose body and the one in the middle goose neck. Can't figure out how to rotate the pic ground is on the left
    J
    50yard.jpg

2. Mudbug

Mudbug Senior Refuge Member

I sighted my Steoger and a red dot in for 60 yards. extra full cremator.
    Very good patterns.

3. Native NV Ducker

Native NV Ducker Mod-Duck Hunters Forum, Classifieds, and 2 others Moderator

So, how many hits in the most concentrated 30" circle?

4. illinideer

illinideer Refuge Member

Native Nv Ducker
    The pattern was pretty well centered/concentrated on the center aim point so thats where I drew the 30 inch circle. 139 hits in the circle out of 195 pellets. I miss typed the Num 1 shot pellet count it 105 total not 112. So the 2 shots 1st shot 90 pellets of B shot(airgun bb's), 2nd 105 num 1 Didn't see a way to edit my orig post.
    When I was tweaking my gun I was using my calrson IM sporting clay. I popped in the mid range cremator which I think is in the LM constriction .715 and stepped back another 10 yards. I just expected a larger spacing of pellets being that far back and a more open choke.
    J

5. Native NV Ducker

Native NV Ducker Mod-Duck Hunters Forum, Classifieds, and 2 others Moderator

Oh. I get it now. That was 2 shots on the same target. So, realizing it is two different pellet sizes and thus two different counts, an average of about 70 hits.

6. JP

JP Elite Refuge Member

upload_2021-2-1_20-36-36.jpeg

This is only one shot and at 60 yards.

WindRoper, JFG, grnhd and 2 others like this.
  7. CJ MN Waterfowl

CJ MN Waterfowl Senior Refuge Member

At 60 yards that is impressive.
    12 gauge or 20, what kind of gun,choke tube, ammo?

8. Mack270

Mack270 Senior Refuge Member

That's almost like cheating. I zoomed in and can see what you were shooting there.

WindRoper likes this.