54%

Discussion in 'South Dakota Flyway Forum' started by prairie hunter, Nov 14, 2019.

1. prairie hunter

prairie hunter Elite Refuge Member

What the...

upload_2019-11-14_12-27-5.png

BB-Shot likes this.
  2. Full Force Five

Full Force Five Elite Refuge Member

Ya I saw that the other day. They should have a check on 12 or 7 almost every week, it would be self funding with all the rule breakers. I'm 47, been going to ND/SD since 1995, I've been checked once.

BB-Shot likes this.
  3. BB-Shot

BB-Shot Elite Refuge Member

Good I hope they enjoyed there day now they can go home empty handed with less cash and a year off from hunting and fishing. They like to set up at 12 & 29 at Summit close to there headquarters they get violators heading north east and south at that enter section. I have been checked twice once early goose and once spring snow goose hunting they new me so there wasn't much checking. They did unload my gun and checked my shells probably for safety reasons as we were talking. Fifty three percent that's pretty high rate some never read the handbook some are just plan out Poachers there the worst.

BirdJ likes this.
  4. Larsen's Labs

Larsen's Labs Elite Refuge Member

Highway 12 is a popular spot for game checks. West River deer hunters and antelope hunters get checked pretty regularly on one side of the river or the other. I remember about 4 years ago being checked by the same CO three nights in a row to see if I had a fishing license!? He kind of chuckled when I asked him if my name sounded familiar!!

5. jpallen

jpallen Elite Refuge Member

That is crazy. Keep up the good work SD GFP. Been thru a few in the Pierre area over the years, summer and fall.

6. in2b8er

in2b8er Senior Refuge Member

we were stopped 2 years ago 30 miles west of pierre on private ground hunting pheasants. We all were good, whipped out the licenses in 20 seconds. funniest part was it took the landowner well over 5 minutes to thumb through his phone to find his. :)

7. tornadochaser

tornadochaser Elite Refuge Member

I read a clarification to that GFP press release...it said there was a 54% vehicle violation rate, 29% individual violation rate.

8. jpallen

jpallen Elite Refuge Member

And from my past experience they only inspect vehicles that have been hunting/fishing or posses wild game and/or fish. So most vehicle stopped do not get inspected and are send on their way

9. Hoagie

Hoagie Senior Refuge Member

Hey guys, Kinda been gone for a while. My freaking house burned down so my computer was vaporized to say the least. Don't forget that the minor violations are counted in that as well like unsigned stamps and guys that bought a license but couldn't produce it on site are in that mix as well.

10. Bullet21XD

Bullet21XD Elite Refuge Member

It's much easier to think they were all hardcore violators.