A confession

Discussion in 'Political Action Forum' started by hobbydog, Mar 21, 2020.

1. OneShotBandit

OneShotBandit Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

Teddy Roosevelt would be considered a PROGRESSIVE today NOT a Republican!

double limit likes this.
  2. hobbydog

hobbydog Elite Refuge Member

What you fail to see Ron is that Trump is NOT a republican. Nor is Bernie a democrat. Both tried to hijack the the party. Bernie was not successful. Trump was. Most of the echo chamber in here supported someone other than Donny. Donny was your pick. You and the faithful love him because he represents the anti intellectual. You somehow think that the people on the left side of the IQ curve should run the country. This is not to knock the left hand side, they have a valuable role to play. But you got sucked into supporting a populist the same way Sanders supporters get sucked in. Populism play well to some of the ordinary folks by definition. But it has never worked out in this country. Here is a link to the History Channel web site that shows all the populist movements in this country, both conservative and liberal populist movements. Not one of them turned out well. https://www.history.com/topics/us-politics/populism-united-states-timeline

pop·u·lism
    /ˈpäpyəˌlizəm/
    Learn to pronounce

noun
    1. a political approach that strives to appeal to ordinary people who feel that their concerns are disregarded by established elite groups.
      "the question is whether he will tone down his fiery populism now that he has joined the political establishment"

3. hobbydog

And Eisenhower would be considered a liberal. What's your point? Teddy did great things for this country when it was at a real crossroads. Had it not been a Republican with progressive ideals where would we be today? The root word in progressive is progress. It doesn't have to be a bad word. Republicans can be progressive too. I think that is what the point the author is trying to make. Progress does not need to owned by one party or the other. If progressive is associated with liberals then is regressive associated with conservatives? (it's kinda looking that way)

4. Ron Gilmore

Ron Gilmore Elite Refuge Member

Hobby what you fail to see is that Stuart is not a Republican, not is Romney whom he worked for!

So his so called confession is not that of a Republican! End of your argument!

Now you as a non Republican cannot tell others that are what a Republican is based on your views.

It is why I refer to you and other like you as leftists or liberals. You may take marching orders from the DNC, but I don't believe you represent the everyday Joe that identifies as a Dem. Just as Stuart, Romney are not recognize d by every day Joe Rep.

Now try again, I have a couple hours before movie time with the granddaughter.

lugnut, double limit and ripline like this.
  5. hobbydog

Because I am a non republican I can't say what a republican is but you as a populist can tell me what a leftist is? Got it Ron. :tu

This describes you too a T. You have spouted this often. Ron, you are a populist by your own definition. By your own logic, You don't get to decide what a republican is or is not. The truth is, nobody gets to tell someone else what their ideology is or is not.

A populist is..... A political approach that strives to appeal to ordinary people who feel that their concerns are disregarded by established elite groups.

6. WHUP ! Hen

WHUP ! Hen Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

hobbydog, why do you have to pigeon hole candidates either Republican or Democrat. Is is that important to you to have a defined set of thoughts, right or wrong it’s the man that defines the position, not the party. Until DJT I thought that President Regan was the consummate President. DJT has brought a fresh look outside the traditional party line that has given this country and the world what it means to be an American. The Economy, Jobs, Unemployment, Justice Appointees and Trade have made him an icon to the rest of the world and to the majority of Americans.
    I for one think that President Trump is neck n’ neck with President Regan. You had better change your political thought process and support him because he will voted back into office by a landslide. If you don’t or can’t I pity you.

7. Ron Gilmore

Ron Gilmore Elite Refuge Member

Hobby thanks, you just admitted to posting a hit piece and nothing more!

I don't mind the label, but more accurate is a constitutional supporter.

double limit likes this.
  8. Lip Shooter

Lip Shooter Elite Refuge Member

Confirmed Rino as in RINO Ronnie.
    Should have jut admitted it years ago.

9. double limit

double limit Elite Refuge Member

How unsurprising that the vast portion of your fellow citizens feel differently.

A majority of Americans now approve of President Donald Trump’s handling of the coronavirus pandemic!
    An ABC News/Ipsos poll released Friday reports that 55 percent of respondents approve of Trump’s management
    of the public health crisis, while 43 percent disapprove.
    Poll: Majority of Americans now approve of Trump’s coronavirus management - POLITICO

How does it feel to root against your own country as it encounters a pandemic? About how many people would you let perish in exchange for your chosen democrat candidate to win the next election? Critically, as more people express concern for the viral disease, so too do more people approve of the work the Trump administration is undertaking to handle the crisis in public health.

WHUP ! Hen and OneShotBandit like this.
  10. double limit

double limit Elite Refuge Member

Democrat New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo, on Tuesday, also praised the administration’s efforts,
    telling reporters, “His team is on it. They’ve been responsive. … I want to say thank you.”
    Even Gavin Newsome has praised the efforts of Trump & his experts.

Rep. Omar went on to quote fellow “squad” member Rep. Ayanna Pressley, saying
    The that “unprecedented times require unprecedented leadership and we are seeing that in
    our country right now. I have faith that we will survive this as a nation and build together.”

“Finally said Omar, we should never let politics get in the way of good policy.
    You should feel the the same way. This is a great start.

The difference between he & Biden is that Trump speaks in the vernacular the voters
    know his meaning regardless of his stream of consciousness ramblings while
    Biden says things that he never intended to say. Things that no one would ever intend to say.

There is no denying Trump's leadership is showing again, he's on a roll. They couldn’t have

created leader more suited for this moment in time. God Bless Pres. Trump.