A confession

nobands

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
That's about half the turkey hunters here. The other half are too afraid to leave their blind and decoys for very long !

tomturkey

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I lost all of the respect I had for Ted Nugent, which was not much when I watched him brag about wacking and stacking a tom out of a bunch of toms that came in on the run and started pecking the ground right where he wanted them. The next day the same thing happened in the same spot. The only thing that would have caused that behavior would have been bait. I think I have only shot two turkeys out of a blind since I started chasing them back around 1980.

I had an outdoor writer friend for a newspaper in Ludington Michigan. The editor of the paper made him go to Nugent's hunting camp east of Ludington to do an interview. He came back with the opinion that Nugent is a jerk.

I was at a show in Grand Rapids MI a few years back. One of the local call makers and guides must have seen the Perfection Turkey call pin on my hat. He stuck a box call he was trying to push in my hand. The first thing I did was try to get it to purr. It would not purr. He admitted it would not. He was not happy when I told him it would never find a place in my vest if it would not purr, as there were a lot of people standing around listening to him.

Jim Clay of Perfection Call became pretty well acquainted when I first started turkey hunting. He was a big influence on me becoming addicted to turkey hunting. I still use his Super Double D diaphram to this day. He invited me to come to VA to hunt with him. Sadly I have never was able to take him up on the offer

Latest posts