A duck on my bucket list

GrayGhostSafaris

Refuge Member
Reaction score
One of my friends from Wyoming took this photo of a drake Cinnamon teal. During my days of being in the taxidermy business, I had the pleasure of mounting a number of these beautiful Teal. I've always wanted to add them to my collection, but I've never come across one during my hunts in TN, AL, KY, MA, TX, NE, WY, ID, CO or MT. Although her main focus is western big game, now and then she'll catch a duck in her lens. I post this with permission from Mountain Girl Photography (Tessa Fowler)
1663950684279.png

Fogie

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
..they are a bit more than a dime a dozen certain places here early season but become more scarce by mid, they like it warm.
I spent a lot of late season two years ago trying to get on one for the novelty of it, that was hanging with some GWs on my river. He cost me some good GW dinners when I snuck on them repeatedly and was blanked while trying to pick him out of 80 or so birds jumping.

Last edited:

creedsduckman

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Hunted in Southern California in 2020 and killed 3 drakes/1 hen in the two days we hunted. I have had two of the drakes mounted and am getting the remaining pair mounted with a gorgeous blue wing drake I also shot while out there. They are beautiful birds for sure! View attachment 357411
I'm not sure which duck on that strap impresses me the most. Would love a cinnamon, killed a bunch of bluewings but never a stud drake and I have a soft spot for ruddys.

Duck Wrangler

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure which duck on that strap impresses me the most. Would love a cinnamon, killed a bunch of bluewings but never a stud drake and I have a soft spot for ruddys.
I mounted the ruddy too. I wanted a red phase, but they are close to impossible. He was the best one that I saw on the trip. Never seen one that pretty here in Va!

salthunter

Reaction score
While living in Northern Utah at the very end of the season I would occasionally get into some cinnamon teal years ago I think I posted the picture of the day my daughter and I didn't have school we took her brand new puppy we jumped a hot spring I dropped three drinks the birds came back a few minutes later and I dropped two more

Latest posts