A few more days....then bring the rain!!

Grif

Elite Refuge Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Been getting any rain?

Nope....which is fine....phase 2 work on the pond starts next week and it'd be helpful if we didn't get any water for a week or so.

mrmallerd

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Nope....which is fine....phase 2 work on the pond starts next week and it'd be helpful if we didn't get any water for a week or so.

Now its gonna rain fer sure.

yeehaw

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
You gonna put in a pool for the grandkids? Brooke is on a mission to put in a pool next year. Also wants to talk to the neighboring landowner about adding acreage if they decide to sell. She has delusions that the kids will build next to us. I plan on giving them the keys when I retire and run away

Grif

Elite Refuge Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You gonna put in a pool for the grandkids? Brooke is on a mission to put in a pool next year. Also wants to talk to the neighboring landowner about adding acreage if they decide to sell. She has delusions that the kids will build next to us. I plan on giving them the keys when I retire and run away

We have had a pool for 20 years...we considered it here....and maybe one day. For now we are expanding the pond and we'll put a swim dock on it. Our grpwn kids would rather have that then a pool. Hell....pool companies are 2 years out rught now anyway.

Grif

Elite Refuge Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Kornfed

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Bro....I'm all done with living around people who don't think like I do. I'm actually glad to pay extra since most people won't....fork diversity, inclusion, and all the other words I never heard growing up. I'm living with my people....completely finished with anyone else.

I live here now....and I couldn't be happier.

View attachment 345992 View attachment 345995
My kinda living. Congrats on the new crib.

Sam Ortmann

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah... dozer and excavator showed up today.....rain can't be far behind. :yes:l
I’m just right on the other side of the river from your new digs and they’re calling for a chance here this weekend and then potentially again later this week.
I feel you though. Just dropped the high lift and excavator off to start clearing for a lagoon.

mrmallerd

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah... dozer and excavator showed up today.....rain can't be far behind. :yes:l

Yep, they will drag it out til a few weeks before Duck Season. Then it won't rain for 40 days & nights. Kinda like last year. Most duck impoundments will be high & dry. Another year without killin a duck. Way to think ahead bro.:z

GUNNERX2

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Had to go meet a fellow yesterday afternoon and as soon as I dropped off the ridge, it began raining like I've rarely seen. The car in front of me on the interstate was merely a ghostly image. While the intensity did drop off some, there was a good, steady rain for the next 2 hours. I get back home and not a drop had fallen at the house, not one drop. It's been 4 weeks since I've gotten ANY rain and walking across my yard is like walking on cornflakes.