A few shotkam videos

Discussion in 'Shooting - Reloading Forum' started by Drundel, Nov 5, 2019.

1. Drundel

Drundel Elite Refuge Member

Scouting reported very few birds, so I was kinda lazy in prep and didn't change chokes. I had a LM in there from some dove hunting so I was shooting Xpert #6 steel out of a Trulock LM choke.

I paid for it self on the scotch double seen in video #4. Be sure to watch it in slow motion.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLgX3uNTrxVdKI_0cG4-lBP4iZab_TfJgN

grnhd likes this.
  2. Ravenanme

Ravenanme Elite Refuge Member

Wow , hey thanks for the video it shows how effective that LM choke is , up close and way the hell out there ! hehee
    With a good chance to kill 4 birds with 3 shots , you surely screwed that up , haha ! I hope you're catching up to the learning curve watching this action ,
    it's a good demonstration of watching birds fall , then trying to kill another that's plainly out of range . Experience will teach you to keep the barrel moving
    so it can follow your eyes to the next , closes bird . After the initial shot birds are flaring to get out'a dodge and by taking a bird that maybe is a little farther
    out and saving the closes bird for a followup shot makes more sense ! Just when I thought you were primed for waterfowl after your last Dove hunting video ,
    I hope you don't mind a little creative criticism......but , there's no doubt you're having fun :tu:yes:l

3. Pirogue

Pirogue Senior Refuge Member

Geez.....what a dick !

p

4. Ravenanme

You must be a Coonass to not recognize playful ribbing ! MYOB

5. jdduckman

jdduckman Senior Refuge Member

The last shot (video 4), a bird flaring up and away left, from the previous shots. The video shows a lead out to the right, but should you have been maybe pulling back to the left on that bird? That's the shot that haunts me, as I too end up shooting air on a flaring bird!

6. JFG

JFG Elite Refuge Member

That’s always a tough shot, quartering away and rising. But I slowed it down and it looked to me the bird was only moving to the right when the shot was made and the hold wasn’t bad. Could be pattern had a hole in it, I don’t know.

We have the opposite of that shot at the 5 stand- quartering and falling. You really have to get out front and below the target to consistently hit it. Up and out front is a must on those quartering/flaring birds.

7. Ravenanme

That's right JFG a flaring bird quartering away could use some lead under the bird , just like a going away bird . Often times guys will put the pattern over a going
    away bird and not draw a feather and wonder , how they missed ! Looking up at a flying target (live or Clay) you might not see that it's planing-out or reached
    it's desired height inwhich eliminates holdover ! Fellas who understand how to ....Find the Line and shoot the Lead , are more successful !