A-Frame Blind Advice and Other Life News

Dr Swane

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I have the FA SUB. I've only ever hunted out of a Lucky Duck on a guide hunt and I can't really give feedback on how well it holds up.

Check out some videos on the FA. I like how it has pockets to hold brush better and you can use it as a panel blind in flat (or flat-ish) ground.

We hunted 2 FA blinds late winter, brand new, brushed in. The wind caught a side and racked the tubing/frame. We’ve had similar experiences with Altan. Lucky duck is sturdy, aframe is just a step down in overall rigidity of the lucky duck.

Aframes are easy to modify as well with shock cord or reinforce with flat stock.

Just sharing field experience.

Holesinthesky

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
My only experience with blinds ( other than homemade) , was with a couple guys 2 years ago.
They have the tangle free panel blinds. ( use 2 together).
I was amazed at how easy to transport ( hauled on jet sled with rest of the gear, by ATV,)and easy to setup they were. Was fairly stable in the wind, and easy to brush in/conceal.

As was mentioned grass/brush in the overhead hole.
They we’re effective on my trip with those guys

CapnJim

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the replies from experience.

bird junkie

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
We hunt a 2 panel tangle free blinds and you can run 8 if you set it right. I use 4 top bars to tie together for wind stability. I like that I can adjust the angle for terrain if needed. Before I got to using the tangle free blind we ran a 25’ chicken wire and T post set up I truly believe the “A” matters to hide in the open not as important on a tree line. Snow goose hunted with a guide and used the Avain X its a nice blind for sure but seems like there is a lot to it. He had his set for the season so it was brushed with standing cedars in front and lots of saplings.

Phil in MO

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score

ALPS -ALPHA WATERFOWL BLIND​

1656006963242.png

Anyone have experience with the ALPS blind?

Drundel

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
We hunted 2 FA blinds late winter, brand new, brushed in. The wind caught a side and racked the tubing/frame. We’ve had similar experiences with Altan. Lucky duck is sturdy, aframe is just a step down in overall rigidity of the lucky duck.
Well that sucks to hear. Hopefully mine lasts.

Dr Swane

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score

ALPS -ALPHA WATERFOWL BLIND​

View attachment 345883

Anyone have experience with the ALPS blind?
$365 is the cheapest I’ve found it. Tax/ship not included.
There’s some comparable blinds I’ve seen from blind spot outdoors.

The avain is still $251 before tax/ship. I think it comes in around $285 with tax/ship.

wtrfwlr43

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Been looking at this blind cause it has a doggie door. Doesn't seem to be too many blinds offered with the door.
I put mine outside the end I'm sitting on. In her own blind. Most of the blinds when if you put 4 guys in them, there's not much room to safely put a dog inside also. I could be wrong I haven't seen all of the different models.