Snow Goose Hunting Forum Sponsors

A-Frame or Panel Blinds for Snow goose hunting ?

Discussion in 'Snow Goose Hunting Forum' started by FLASH, Aug 9, 2019.

1. FLASH

FLASH New Member

Looking at getting an A-Frame or some type of panel blind. I feel there are definite times that they can be used successfully on dark geese or ducks, mainly due to a lower flight path in general. Anyone have success on high flying flocks of snow geese ? Obviously you would want to blend in to cover as best you can, but what about open low cut fields and using one of these for snow geese ? Thanks

2. Juvie Juke Box

Juvie Juke Box Senior Refuge Member Sponsor

You see guys in Canada shooting them in low cut stubble fields with them, but I'd have a hard time thinking it'd work the further south you go. Only way to find out I guess. Plenty of options for a guy now to choose from. We have all Avians and have only snow goose hunted a few times out of them, didn't do that well.

3. CPDuck

CPDuck New Member

Yes, we shoot exclusively out of panel blinds, ditched the layouts about 4 years ago. Shoot piles of snows out of them. One of the keys to a good panel blind setup is giving it depth. We have about 60 2 foot stakes with willows wired to them that we stab into the ground all around the blind out to a distance of 10-15 feet. We use short stubby ones the further out and taller ones closer to the blind.

I hunted out of a panel blind last year that I put in an order for this summer, best I've ever seen. www.blindspotoutdoors.com They go up in minutes, are sturdy, and the easiest to brush in of any I used. Call and talk to Joe.

Chip 211.jpg

4. marshmob

marshmob Elite Refuge Member

CPDUCK
    have any pics of the setup you described?

5. CA Birdman

CA Birdman Elite Refuge Member

Yes but you are still up north. I am going to try a panel blind this fall but going to be in backdrop of a check and a few that are real bushy. going to try a few things besides always backboards or layouts.

KID CREOLE likes this.
  6. Drundel

Drundel Elite Refuge Member

Take a look at the new 2x4 blind from lucky duck. I saw a video on FB and it looks pretty nice for a full frame blind. It doesn't fully close like an A-frame, but you should be able to lay grass along the top for more cover if needed.

7. negooseman

negooseman Elite Refuge Member

They look like they’d be tough to carry in if you had to.

8. swampstomper

swampstomper Senior Refuge Member

Tanglefree has panel blinds on sale now for nearly 30% off list price.

9. JRS

JRS Elite Refuge Member

10. Drundel

Drundel Elite Refuge Member

True, but most of the time when using that sort of blinds, you are going in via truck, ATV, or boat. If I have to hike in cover, I'm using a rancho blanket or my rogers LP