A- frames and Panal blinds

salthunter

Reaction score
4o some years ago my doctor told me to get out of construction.
I've killed a lot of Canada geese out of a layout blind, and very much enjoy shooting out of a pit alone.
Last year three and four layout blinds were pretty easy to hide in the corn.

This year all of my Canada goose hunting was out of a layout blind.
I have certainly gotten slower.

My back is full of arthritis and I have some messed up muscles,. Whaa wha-whaa,,

Anyway have any of you used panel blinds or a-frame blinds for snow geese in the spring in cornfields or flooded pastures?
14409.jpeg
20220316_085707.jpg

Last edited:

Juvie Juke Box

Senior Refuge Member
Sponsor
Reaction score
We used an A-Frame on a small migrator set a couple springs ago on the backside of a dugout for a pasture pond. It was alright. Didn't shoot many birds over the spread but that wasn't because of the A-Frame the birds were just on a mission to go north. Blended in pretty good. If you can find the right hide I don't see why utilizing a panel or an A-Frame wouldn't work. Your 2nd picture that vegetation line in the background would be perfect for either. Sitting in a lawn chair for all day hunts sure beats laying on your back as well.

Attachments

• 20210313_093948.jpg
    20210313_093948.jpg
    579.3 KB · Views: 112

negooseman

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
4o some years ago my doctor told me to get out of construction.
I've killed a lot of Canada geese out of a layout blind, and very much enjoy shooting out of a pit line alone.
Last year three and four layout brands were pretty easy to hide in the corn.

My back is full of arthritis and I have some messed up muscles,. Whaa wha-whaa,,

Anyway have any of you used panel blinds or a-frame blinds for snow geese in the spring in cornfields or flooded pastures? View attachment 373723 View attachment 373722
You’d have no issues hiding a panel or A frame by that water. Remember, the thing only has to be as tall as you are sitting. You could dig it down some or custom make one to your height.

explorer17

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
They work. We’ve used them in all types of situations. Things to factor in when setting up is wind direction, shadows and background/foreground. No one likes looking into the sun but over the years some of our biggest hunts were on sunny days with the sun hitting the blind.

canpoint

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
GEt yourself an Alps Zero gravity show and some whites.....you will be surprised how easy it is to shoot.

Disgruntled

Refuge Member
Reaction score
I went on a guided snow goose hunt last spring. We had 4-5 a frames together both days. Set up on a fence row day 1 and the edge of a 2 track day 2. Birds didnt mind. Ill be hunting out of one on my pond.

Last edited:

Native NV Ducker

Mod-Duck Hunters Forum, Classifieds, and 2 others
Reaction score

I can't help with A-Frames, don't have one, never hunted from one. 360 Solo is as close as I come.
However, you should do some research on pop-up chairs in layouts. There are some that come with them, and some chairs you can add to a layout. They make a HUGE difference. You just relax your back and let it bring you up. You still have to deal with shooting off your butt, which isn't as easy as being able to stand, but at least you will be quicker on the draw. I think mine is a GooseBuster, but not sure.

salthunter

Reaction score
Native;;;;; us beat up, older guys can't spend 2 weeks in a layout

Last edited:

jolle

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Some places have good spots for them like AR. Others are more open fields and yes some are killing them from them in middle, but i think you'll get mixed results from that in spring. We've only tried a few times and mixed results. Always hard to say if the blind was it..... but seemed they pulled off it at times. Great to hunt from though.

Sun on front and side wind sounds ideal.