A good goose season

Discussion in 'Iowa Flyway Forum' started by 2eagles, Jan 2, 2021.

1. 2eagles

2eagles Elite Refuge Member

2020 was my 2nd best Iowa goose season ever. A decent total plus another band. A new property to hunt late season. Ducks, not so good, but that’s my fault because I spent too much time in an unproductive tree stand. We were out of venison and I put 2 in our freezer and split another between my kids so all is good. I’m not really that old, but I found out both of my childhood buddies are 9CE1778D-818A-4961-B5B9-EF869C31AD69.jpeg dead and that hit me pretty hard. I am so thankful to be able to enjoy God’s wonderful Earth and spend blind time with my sons. Enjoy it guys time is precious!

2. IowaWaterfowler10

IowaWaterfowler10 Senior Refuge Member

Best season ever for me on geese. Between everyone I hunt with we put down close to 1000 birds this year. Ducks were terrible. Low water in northern IA had many of my spots high and dry.

3. GetDuck

GetDuck Elite Refuge Member

holy buckets a 1000 geese you are talking all darks ???????

4. IowaWaterfowler10

IowaWaterfowler10 Senior Refuge Member

Sorry maybe that got worded funny. Between ducks and geese combined. But 3/4 of that total dark geese yeah. But I brought out so many people this year it was kinda hectic. Tried my best to get 5-6 new guys out a bunch of times. Family from down south came and hunted sent them back loaded up with birds. I’ve eaten so much waterfowl this year I might have to take next year off